So confused about this flare! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So confused about this flare! HELP

Ok it originally started after a ride on the four wheeler and the next day or two was some mild tingly feelings around the vagina.. not inside. I went to the dr and they said I had group b strep. They put me on antibiotics and have only been on them for 2 days and I have the worst pain ever. Urelle won't even touch the pain (but always has before). I am so confused. I called the gyno nurse and told her that it was burning way up inside and maybe that I had a yeast infection ( tested negative for it a few days ago when I went to the dr) and she called me in some teraconzole. I put some up there and slept will a heating pad and this morning I feel a little better. Last night I also went to pee about 5 times which generally does not happen to me at all. I am so confused. I am wondering if this is a flare, UTI or yeast infection? All of this started after taking the Amoxicillin they gave me to cure the strep B. This is too wierd.. HELP!!!!!

I always get yeast infections after taking antibiotics. Sometimes a culture can be neg and you can still have one. There are different strains of yeast. Creams do not help me when I have one. I take diflucan, its one pill and usually does the trick. Sometimes I can only have vulvar/vaginal itching and that is the only symptom I have. Other times its pain down there, irritation, inflammation and itching. Depends on how long it goes on and how long before I take diflucan.
    Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Comment

Ok thank you gina. In your siugnaure it states that you tired elmiron and neurontin and I was wondering what kind of side effects or reasons why you stopped. I have tried both of them as well for a liitle while and it seems that the elmiron made my urinary frequency worse. Urelle would not even work. The neurontin mademe feel bloated and gain weight. I was just wondering though. I am still on the antibiotics and still taking the teraconzole for the yeast, which I am not sure I even have. They said it was group b strep. WHatever.. I have no idea anymore. Oh I also tried wellbutrin and was think about getting back on it but I do remember some side effects from them. UGH always something!!!!

Comment

elmiron just didnt help the way it should. I saw no improvement and it is expensive. I take cystoprotek and it works better. Neurotin was prescribed for my IC and is supposed to help also with my vulvodynia and fibro and it didnt help with pain. Before I was diagnosed I took sooo many meds and I developed drug induced pancreatitis from taking all these meds. That was very painful and not fun. I always worry about my liver and the side effects of meds. I try to take the least amount possible.
        Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Comment

Working...
        X