Coconut oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut oil

I bought this initially as a lubricant because I wanted something cheap, thicker than olive oil and without preservatives. This works a treat. As a side effect this chronic yeast issue I have that no pessaries probiotics or tablets will cure me of ( I have tried everything natural in the book too) has vanished. i have been itch/burn free for 5 days! If I get the slightest tingle I just put this all over the vulva and inside vagina and it goes away. I have read it is also good to eat it our use in cooking for this issue.

Worth a try!

Claire
    TMJ Dysfunction 2009
    Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
    IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
    PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
    Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
    Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
    Endep 25mg - 4months
    Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
    Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
    Countless creams, lotions and potions.
    Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
    PT - for 1 year
    Various herbs and supplements

The benefits of coconut oil are endless. Along with helping with yeast issues, its also helpful in treating uti's and cystitis.

Glad youve found something natural that works.

Wishing you well,
    Diana
    (\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Diana, this stuff is amazing. I read about all the natural "cures" online and never once did this coconut oil thing come up! Have you used it for yeast? Do you eat the stuff to or just use it topically?

Thanks,

Claire
      TMJ Dysfunction 2009
      PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Endep 25mg - 4months
      PT - for 1 year

Comment

hey Claire what brand of coconut oil u get ?
        Edit Value
        I'm Faith - pain started 6 wks after the birth of my daughter a lil over a year ago .my pain is very deep in pelvis and a few uros have suspected ic ,pain started as a uti and then the deeper pain came ,i was fed numerous antibiotics without an infection present an eventually the uti pain went away and a deeper pain replaced it i also have ,possible pudendal nerve pain or vulvadynia ,and pcos ,insulin resistance

Comment

Congrats Claire, I'm glad you found something that works.
          Rebekah - Diagnosed with IC and Hunner's Ulcers in March 2009

Two Hunner's Ulcers were removed by laser surgery surgery Jan 15 , 2010

Proud Mother of Jeremy Jr. Born on Wed May 4, 2011

"For every door that is closed a new one is opened"

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
          Hallowed be thy Name.
          Thy kingdom come.
          Thy will be done,
          On earth as it is in heaven.
          Give us this day our daily bread.
          And forgive us our trespasses,
          As we forgive those who trespass against us.
          And lead us not into temptation,
          But deliver us from evil.
          [For thine is the kingdom,
          and the power, and the glory,
          for ever and ever.]
          Amen.

Comment

it doesn't matter what brand as long as it's organic and "virgin coconut oil" try the heath food shop. You can get it in small pots for like cosmetic use or big bottles for cooking. I would try the small pot first to see how you go. It smells and tastes delicious too. We have had a LOT of fun with it in the bedroom
            TMJ Dysfunction 2009
            PCOS March 2012

Endep 25mg - 4months
            PT - for 1 year

Comment

Last time I was flying I had a 16 ounce bottle of coconut oil in my carry on bag, my mistake I ment to more it into my checked bag and forgot, as my bag went through security scanner they asked if they could look in my bag I agreed and they pulled out the coconut oil bottle.

The security person said I couldn't take it on the plan in my carry on, I said yes I knew that I had just forgotten to move it, she said well I will have to thow it out then I said I understand my mistake, she started to walk away with it and then called me back over to the table and said do you use this for medical reasons, with a look of nudge nudge wink wink I siad of course I do that is why it is with all my other medical supplies, she then of you can keep it then we allow liquids for medical reasons.

Just a heads up for those of you how might travel.

I thought this was pretty good of her, she didn't have to do that.

Some pepeople in airport security are still humans.

MG
              My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

MG what do you use coconut oil for? Yeast?
                TMJ Dysfunction 2009
                PCOS March 2012

Endep 25mg - 4months
                PT - for 1 year

Comment

K thanks I'm gonna get sum hope it works!
                  Edit Value
                  I'm Faith - pain started 6 wks after the birth of my daughter a lil over a year ago .my pain is very deep in pelvis and a few uros have suspected ic ,pain started as a uti and then the deeper pain came ,i was fed numerous antibiotics without an infection present an eventually the uti pain went away and a deeper pain replaced it i also have ,possible pudendal nerve pain or vulvadynia ,and pcos ,insulin resistance

Comment

Claire---i use it for a lot of things....cooking, moisturizer, hair conditioner, in smoothies, baking, body scrub, on irritated skin (cuts/abrasions/burns (after the cool down), etc. Unless one has an allergy to coconut (which is rare; and even more rare to be allergic to the pressed oil), i cant understand why everyone isnt using it. It also aids in digestion and has antifungal and antibacterial properties used both topically and internally (ingested in foods or on its own). Its recommended to ingest 3.5 tablespoons/day however its not recommended to ingest that much when first starting as it can cause stomach upset. Oh...my cat even likes it. I give him a little bit at night as it helps animals to repel fleas and encourages a healthy coat. My cat has a hair loss issue which allows his skin to be exposed; applying a bit of coconut oil on his skin keeps it moist and less sensitive.

Again, glad you found something thats healthy and natural that works for you.

Diana
                    (\__/)
                    (o.O )
                    (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

I add coconut oil to drinks, I fry my food in it, I use it in baking.

For a treat I Whip 1/2 Cup coconut oil and 1/2 cup softened Butter, with something to sweeten it with I use liquid splenda because I can't have sugar, I then add 1/4 cup of carob, or good pure coco powder (if you can tolerate it) ( I find I can tolerate organic coco powder, but not a chocolate bar as it has so many other things in it), sometimes I will use 1/4 cup of Birds
                      Eye Custer mix, peanut butter or peanut butter and coco powder. You whip it till it is light and airy, I then pour it into a pan that I have lined with parchment paper or wax paper, place it in the freezer, once it has set up I cut it into little cubes, easier said than done, mine often breaks into pieces.

I place the pieces into a container or a zip lock bag, I keep it in the freezer and eat as a very rich treat, it melts in your mouth. You have to eat it as soon as you take it out of the freezer as it melts really fast, this is why I try to cut it into small squares.

I have fed this to lots of different people and nobody has not liked it yet.

MG

Comment

I forgot to say I also use it on my skin in my private areas as I have VV and it is very soothing when nothing else seems to be able to touch the area, it can be a little messy so use a pad if you are going to try this.

I didn't know it worked for yeast.

Come to think of it though since I started eating it everyday I don't remember getting thrush in my mouth.

MG

Comment

Re: Coconut oil

I forget most of the time, but find if I eat a spoonful before/with each meal that it seems to help decrease my IC flares.
                          I usually remember when I am in the middle of a flare that I have forgotten to have some in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                          X