Yeast Infections and IC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast Infections and IC?

I see there is a sub-forum with this name but no posts yet. Is there a connection with yeast and IC? I definitely have had (lifelong) issues with one and been dealing with IC for over a year now. What do you do to manage your YIs? Pretty much nothing works for me. I've tried ALL the tricks. I mean ALL OF THEM.
    IC onset October 2015: 33 yo Female - have some other mild-mod autoimmune issues, frequent yeast infections, otherwise generally healthy, non-smoker, healthy weight, 3x weekly exercise, 2-6 units of alcohol/week on avg, IUD since March 2016.

Symptoms: Constant urgency, urinary pain, sometimes passing blood and tissue (negative for infection), bladder/urethral spasms, occasional leaking

Sensitivities/Triggers (known so far): wine, coffee, condom use (both latex and non-latex)

Currently avoiding: spicy foods, acidic fruit juices

Current Supplements: Probiotics daily, D-Mannose daily, oxybutynin chloride (Ditropan) daily, marshmallow root tea daily, Prelief capsules when drinking alcohol or carbonated beverages.

Therapies: Started seeing a physcial therapist for pelvic floor therapy in Jan 2017. <3 Don't know if it is working yet but I love her.

Re: Yeast Infections and IC?

I see you have posted a couple of times, reading your sig have you considered following the IC diet closer?

Also have you tried cutting out sugars and simple carbs to treat yeast, I not positive but I have read that yeast tends to like sugars.

For yeast I make and drink water and dairy kefir, this works well for your digestive system too.

I get yeast in my mouth fairly often from taking antibiotics, if I eat or drink kefir while on antibiotic's I don't get the yeast infection
    My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

Re: Yeast Infections and IC?

Hi, I've been suffering with yeast too ever since my year on antibiotics. It's a constant cycle of creams and wearing no undies and keeping dry. Hard when its 40plus degrees in summer here. I was also downing fluconazole monthly which is bad for you.
      I agree with mothergoose SUGAR is the only thing that stops mine. I mean cutting it out. I don't have a high sugar intake but the little I do have certainly affects it.
      All my vaginal swabs come up negative for candida so I'm not sure what's going on!!!!
      UTI 3/2015
      IC ,PFD
      prescribed meds: Endep 60mg, Elmiron 400mg, BC. Enablex 7.5mg.

Supplements: Chitomur peptide, colostrum, Echinacea, liver detox swisse, calcium citrate, glucosamine, Psyllium Husk.

Daily diet: Breakkie- oats with chia seeds and no fat milk. Post workout-turkey breast with mixed veggies. Lunch-raw green soup with rye roll and handful of peanuts/almonds. Dinner- changes but meat and veg. Dessert-banana and sugar free custard (homemade) or banana and apple bake with almonds cinnamon and honey with a dollop of coconut cream.

Tried: tramadol, cystoprotek, multi right, diazepam, vesicare, Ditropan, mirabegron, Flomax, lyrica, progesterone.

Comment

Working...
      X