Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SandyRN
    replied
    Still waiting on the results. It's only been 2 days, and even though I SAW a radiologist in the office that looks into the CT room, I know it's going to take days and days to get the report transcribed and sent to my doctor's office. Then HE has to read it, then the nurse has to find time to call me......you know how it is.

I did talk to the nurse yesterday after my 3rd slightly angry voice mail. I asked again, to stay on a 2nd course of the prednisone, but at this point I'm down to 10mg a day and not sure I even want to go back up to 60. If they hadn't been so ridiculously slow in returning my phone calls I'd have gone for it. We'll see what he says....and as for the rheumy consult, well, the nurse tells me that this new office hasn't called them back with an appt yet. I said it was 9 business days since I had my visit with my doctor and this was beyond ridiculous. So, we shall see.....

I love my doctor, but this stuff drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    Sandy,
    Glad your test went well and...uh...efficiently (is that really possible???) LOL. Seriously, I hope they get back to you ASAP so you can find out what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Yay! Glad to hear it's over! And now, come on - what are you taking? A medical based facility - efficient? In and out BEFORE the schedule? What on Earth are you smoking girl?!? (and can I have some please? )

Ah just teasing ya, glad to hear that it was a great and positive experience, that rarely happens in the medical realm of things, so it's refreshing to hear!!!!

XOXO

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    I went to this brand new medical building here and they were so efficient I was literally out before I was actually scheduled to have the CT done. The guy told me nothing, of course, and said it would be a few days before my doctor's office called me, but, he said, "sure does look like it hurts up there"...well...yeah, it really does hurt up there. No clue what that meant.

At least there was a bright side, it's a beautiful day, went to a really NICE place to get a procedure done, and they were quick about it. Amazing when you think about it!

Thanks for the prayers and concern. As soon as I know something I'll let you guys know.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'll be thinking of you --- be sure to let us know what you find out.

Sending gentle hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• waterflow
    replied
    Sandy, good luck this afternoon. Yeah, I hate it when the doc's office takes their sweet old time setting up oppointments and getting test results back. If it were them waiting they would have a fit.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    wishing you luck, I hope everything goes well. keep us posted

Leave a comment:

• ICLori
    replied
    Sending prayers your way. I'm certain it must be from the lupus, and not cancer, you are too young for cancer! Hoping for the best,

Blessings,
    Lori

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Hi Sandy,

Good luck with your CT today; I hope you get the results you need and that it is nothing serious!

I too have had the sweats when on prednisone for asthma; I believe it even says that sweats are a side effect of the drug. You can look it up at my favorite drug info site: http://www.rxlist.com

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts.

April

Leave a comment:

• Annie2
    replied
    Sandy,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

I haven't experienced it, but have read pred. side effects can include rather profuse sweating, especially night sweats.

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Sandy, I hope you find out soon what is going on. I'm so sorry you are going through all of these health problems. I feel bad about complaining about my situation and here you are with all of this stuff.

Sandy, I hope you hear from the doctor soon, if not, give them a call. That is so aggravating to keep on waiting. Grrrrrrrr

Sandy praying for you too.

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    started a topic Wish me luck!

Wish me luck!

I have a head CT of my sinuses on Monday at 2:30 to see what the heck this lesion in my lower sinus/upper nostril is. Doc thinks it's related to Lupus, but, since I don't have my labs back yet I don't know if it's really Lupus. I'm really losing all patience with my doctor's office staff. They finally called to set up this CT, but no rheumy consult yet, and they didn't bother to call me back about keeping up the prednisone for a bit longer....so, I'm weaning off of it to be on the safe side.

BTW, those prednisone users, I've got the sweats, even when I'm freezing. Is this some other side effect from it, or maybe from decreasing the dose? These sweats are MUCH worse then what I had before I began taking the pred. so I'm assuming it's related.

Just think good thoughts... don't know what I want this thing in my nose to be, just not cancer, that's all I can think about.
Working...
X