Endo and IC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endo and IC?

I have struggled as we all have with IC for almost two years now...seen every doctor, spent every cent etc...and one thing every doctor asked me was have I been seen for endometriosis? Is the only way to tell you have it through a laporoscopy? I have always had painful periods, meaning really bad cramps and back pain etc...
    I just found out through a pelvic ultrasound that I have many cysts inside my ovaries?
    I know nothing of endo. so wondering if anyone could give me any info on it related and non-related to IC...
    Thank you!
    Erin

Elmiron 600mg
    Celexa 20mg
    Yasmin
    Valium 20mg
    Percocet as needed
    AZO as needed
    Diflucan as needed
    Erin Thames
    Going on 4-1/2 years with IC/PFD/IBS/HPV/Myofacial pain

hi there, try this link and see if you can find the info you are looking for. I know when I had my hysto. a year ago I had endo too.
    http://www.ic-network.com/guestlectures/kahn.html
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

through a laporoscopy
      yes unfortunatly the only way to be sure is through a laproscopic surgery sorry. IC and endo have a lot of overlapping symptoms
      Quite a few people have both endo and IC and it is possible to have endo on or in your bladder which is extremely painful.
      http://www.endocenter.org/killercramps.htm

Some things that endo caused me that were different than IC...I would get increased pain when arroused..prior to sex actually beginning.
      Pain of endo was not as sensitive to touch as IC pain but did go in more places. Major fatigue..not that IC doesn't increase fatigue but prior to getting some treatment I was sleeping 17 hours a day everyday.

Since so many symptoms overlap with IC many doctors consider illiminating endo as a possibility as part of the diagnosis process for IC (at least with endo after the lap you can be sure).

The laproscopic surgery really isn't that bad..granted I can't speak to what it is like if they don't find anything...but if they do they lazer the endo cells and really it isn't much worse than a regular flare...and they are willing to treat surgerical pain so it is often easier.
      Hope that helps..I am here for you!
      Faith, Hope, and Love,
      Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
      Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

Working...
      X