calf pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calf pain

Yesterday out of no where the calf of both of my legs started hurting. As the day progressed today they hurt more and more. I usually sit with my legs up on to sofa but now it is impossible. They hurt so bad right now I can hardly move, walking is next to impossible......
    Dose any one know why this would happen?
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Are you possibly dehydrated? perhaps need a potassium boost (eat a banana if tolerable)? done anything strenuous the last couple of days that may have caused strain to your lower legs?
    on a more serious note, are you prone to DVT?
    Regardless of what it might be, should none of the above relate to you, and you're not feeling any better within the next day or so, it might be wise to bring this to your DR's attention.

Feel better soon!
    D
    (\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

wow tigger i have had the same problem since last night!!!! hence the reason i am up in the middle of the night.i was in so much pain all day,i broke down crying earlier tonight and decided i am going to my gp tomorrow morning.that is so strange.i told my husband it hurts to even walk,almost like i ran a marathon without stretching,except i haven;t done anything strenuous??? well i hope you feel better,i am going to try and sleep some.

Comment

What is DVT?

I slept on the couch, if thats what you want to call it.. I didn't do anything either.. It almost feels like pulled musclees and tendons, like you said running without stretching..
        hope you feel better too.
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

It could be potassium or magnesium deficiency. If it continues, you may want to be tested. (Or you could try some potassium & magnesium rich foods).

Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I have not been eating right, or hardly anything at all for the last couple weeks, it may be that.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tigger_gal
              Yesterday out of no where the calf of both of my legs started hurting. As the day progressed today they hurt more and more. I usually sit with my legs up on to sofa but now it is impossible. They hurt so bad right now I can hardly move, walking is next to impossible......
              Dose any one know why this would happen?
              I have this a good portion of the time Tigger. I'm sorry to hear you have that. I've been wanting to start a walking program for a long time now, and can't because of the pain in my legs. Hope you feel better.
              http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

Potassium?

My Mom used to tell me and my siblings to eat a banana everyday because it would lessen the 'growing pains'. What she meant was when we were in a growth spurt, our leg muscles would ache and throb. I continued to eat bananas until I got realized I had I.C.. Once, while away on vacation, I noticed my legs were cramping (charlie-horse, as we called the cramps or spasms) every morning and the spasms were not related to different exercise, extra walking, etc.. I got a banana or two, ate them and the next morning...no cramping or pain. Anyway, since I.C.er's have to be careful with foods, we tend to get so strict with our foods that we unwittingly forget to replace a food to compensate for one that is healthy, but highly flare-worthy. I can no longer eat bananas (although I try from time-to-time...just hoping), because I get an instant flare. Our bodies need potassium, but if it hits the bladder....ouch!!! My advice...try to find a food to give you a boost of good minerals and vitamins to see if your leg pain goes away. If not....I would call your doc and see if any meds may be causing the problem. Sounds like a deficiency thing to me, as others had posted.
                Dani

-Bladder surgery to correct reflux-'68
                -Terribly painful periods, [email protected] 13 (most likely due to endometriosis, no dx then)
                -4 gyn surgeries since 2003 to remove cysts, ovaries, endometriosis and uterus
                -DX'd w/I.C. before 3rd gyn surgery, but sure I've had it since childhood
                -Gastrointestinal allergies to nuts and shellfish - {I would like to know if there is some connection of gastro allergies to I.C.?}
                PTSD (sexual abuse by teenage boy when I was 4 and s. abuse by adult male who was friend of my Dad's - my parents still don't know)
                -DX'd with IBS in 2000
                -Rhabdomyolysis in 2001 (has not returned)
                -DX'd with Eosinophilic Esophagitis (Asthma of the Esophagus) 3/07
                -DX'd with TMJ in 2000-wear splint
                -Hydrodistention and Cystoscopy w/ biopsy of tissue in bladder-2003
                -DX'd with Epilepsy -2000
                -SSS (Selective Sound Sensitivity)-wear earplugs most of the time to screen out certain noises
                -DX'd with Fibromyalgia (2006)

Medications:MS [email protected],Hydrocodone-10/650:up to 4day,Levothyroxine,Soma,Clonazepam,Vesicare,Keppra (anti-seizure),Flovent FHA 220mcg (swallowed for E.E.),Elmiron,Instillations-5+per week for flares,Lidocaine,Cysta-Q,Prelief, Dulcolax,Baby Aspirin(for FM),God blessed me w/2 boys: Devin-14 and Logan-9, Jim, my husband of 18+ years who sort of understands what I.C. is...still working on educating him!, my springer spaniel "Wookie" ('cause he makes sounds like 'Chewbacca' from "Star Wars" when my son plays with him) and the most important 'medicine' of all...PRAYER...because ONLY God knows the answer to why we are all going through this awful I.C.!

Comment

Possibles

Could be lack of calcium and magnesium. Could also be restless leg syndrome which causes pains, and various other annoying feelings and makes you want to rub them or walk. RL is due to nerve damage. Also the back of the calves of the legs are part of the accupuncture bladder meridian and they would say the energy in the bladder, lower back, kidneys is unbalanced.
                  You can get some relief with Elavil, or simple roll calves on a tennis ball, it will hurt a little, but relax the nerves.
                  Worst case scenario is a blood clot, but it it was that you wouldnt likely have it both legs. Claudation is also a narrowing of circulation in the lower legs and that is also a curculation problem. Do you have high blood pressure and is it made worse by walking or relieved? Look this up on Google or something.
                  Probably nothing, even too much antihistamine for some people can cause an antsy feeling and bring on RL syndrome.
                  If it persists, as Donna always says, "See your doctor."
                  Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
                  Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Tigger you better start taking better care of yourself
                    Hugs
                    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
                    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
                    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
                    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
                    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

thanks girls.. I don't have high blood pressure. I can't say it is like charlie horses, just straight up pain. To walk, to sit, and it really hurts to climb over the baby gates.. It seemed to be better today, but by the tme evening got here they are hurting again..

Comment

Working...
                      X