Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowgirl
    replied
    I also tried lunesta 3mg and it did nothing at all for me- no sleep induced. Took ambien then ambien cr for years. My insurance wont' pay for ambien cr and I have some safety issues with ambien. Therefore; I am one year off of ambien no hypnotics to sleep. It's tough as nightime is my worst time always getting up to pee. I was on ambien for years and it was really rough with the withdrawals from it when I stopped it. won't go back on it again! Vicky

Leave a comment:

• pingpong
    replied
    I don't know about Rozeram, but one of the earlier posts mentioned ativan. That's what I use - I tried Lunesta and it did absolutely nothing for me. On the other hand, the ativan (I take 0.5 mg) helps me get to sleep and sleep through the night, especially those nights when I cannot turn off my brain! Another good thing: it's generic and cheap!

Leave a comment:

• Sharon
    replied
    I know this is an older post.

But, I am curious about Rozerem. Does it really work? Is it bladder friendly?

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    replied
    Thanks so much everyone. I finally got my GP to give me samples and I swear that stuff made me have dreams while I was awake...like when I closed my eyes I would hallucinate. I know most of you know how many drugs I take, and I've never had a reaction like that. So, I called in my Ambien CR again just for the hope of having a few hours of sleep. I'm lucky to get that between Tom's snoring, the cat in heat yowling at all hours, and earplugs that just do not mute out those annoying noises like they should. I need industrial strength ear plugs!

I've tried Lunesta and the bad taste in my mouth was so bad it kept me awake. It was AWFUL!!! So, that one is out for me too. I wanted the old school meds like Seconal, etc, but he didn't want to give me that.

Sigh....so, I sleep when I can and lately that's been catnaps here and there. I'm exhausted!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    replied
    Sleep Meds

I take Ambien CR and 1 Tylenol Pm, it works great.

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Sleeping meds

The pharmacist told me when I had my Ambien RX filled that if you could either cycle it with another type sleeping aid, or not take it a couple of times a week, you can avoid that rebound effect where it stops working and you need higher and higher doses to work.
    Also some sleep meds like Ambien are GABA based which is a brain chemical, and others are Melationin based. I didnt do well on Melationin at all. The first night it made me sleepy, the second night I had a rebound effect and was awake all night. So, it depends on the base of the pill and if you can go off a night or two it might help.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I'm just the opposite on drug expenses. Right now, it costs me $60 for a 30-day supply. To me, it sounds good that Rozerem is going OTC. I don't think it is as strong as some of the others, but that's what I needed. I'm thinking finding the right sleep aid might be sort of like finding the right bladder meds. It's tricky and different for everyone. I'd love to have a formula for bladder success, etc.!

Leave a comment:

• catlover2
    replied
    I take Ambien CR 12.5mg and Rozerem 8mg every night. Taking Rozerem by itself might not work. I know that Rozerem will be going OTC in the future. For me, prescription meds are cheaper than OTC meds so I would not start on Rozerem now. Like any other med, you will have to see what med or combo of meds works for you.

Leave a comment:

• stacey79
    replied
    I do take Rozerum and started about three months ago. I have absolutely no trouble falling asleep or really even staying asleep. My biggest issue is restless sleep. I talk in my sleep, I get up, I do things, etc. It increases when I'm stressed. My hubby says I'll have my eyes wide open and talking. Yet, I don't really remember any of that in the morning.

The Rozerum has helped with that. I'm pretty sensitive to anything that makes me tired. I tried OTC melatonin at my doctor's suggestion, but had to cut it in half because it knocked me out. It ended up bothering my bladder.

The Rozerem has been bladder friendly and doesn't leave me too tired the next morning. I've been taking it maybe two or three times a week. (I talked with my doctor to make sure that was OK.) When I took it every night, I just found that I was getting sleepier earlier in the evening than usual. Considering that I'm usually pretty darn sleepy by 9 p.m., that wasn't good.

Anyway, I hope that helps. It's worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I've had a REM sleep disorder since I was a child. I can go to sleep but can't stay asleep. I've tried EVERY product that came a long for many years. When Lunesta came out my dr. said I should try it. It's the best sleep med I've ever had. It really knocks me out! I take it......and 20 min later I HAVE to be heading to bed cause it's working! It's great to sleep all night......and when you are sleeping...you aren't getting up to pee or in pain! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    What we do when we get a new prescription to "try" is to take the prescription to our pharmacy and ask them to just fill a few days supply. That way if it works, we go back and get the rest of the prescription; otherwise we just forget it. We don't end up with a cabinet filled with unusable pills.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    Sandy,
    I have been on it for 8 months and it doesn't work worth a poop for me anymore. Call me and I'll fill you in.

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Hello Sandy

I haven't tried that, but I have been using ativan for sleep and it works great!

Erika

Leave a comment:

• SandyRN
    started a topic Rozerem

Rozerem

Has anyone tried this? I'm having a terrible time sleeping lately, and my Ambien CR just isn't doing the trick. Either I can't FALL asleep, or I wake up after an hour or two then wind up on the couch reading so I don't bother Tom. I hesitate to get this filled and spend more $$ on it til I know if anyone has had any luck with it.

Thanks!
Working...
X