Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pingpong
    replied
    Many years ago I had to have an MRI of my head, and I started to panic as I was being moved into the machine - I didn't even make it half way in! I had to reschedule and ended up with IV sedation, which knocked me out pretty well. About 3 years ago I had 2 frozen shoulders and needed them scanned. Luckily, I was able to have the open MRI, which is a huge improvement. It's still close in there, but you can turn your head and look out through the open side, which helped tremendously. I also could bring CD's that the tech played for me so I could have the music piped into the room during the scan.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! I wasn't told I could bring music, cause i would have! The times dragged by SO slowly! It was crazy! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    I've only had one MRI and it's been several years. I was a closed MRI and it was pretty creepy. LOL I didn't know you could bring headphones so there I was - alone with my thoughts, which are pretty twisted and scary. Not something I'd like to do again, but I survived. I honestly talked to God A LOT while I was in there.
    Last edited by vm; 03-31-2007, 05:14 PM. Reason: typo!

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    started a topic Closed MRI and Claustrophobia.........

Closed MRI and Claustrophobia.........

I had 3 of my 4 MRI's today. I was in the MRI machine for over 2 1/2 hrs and it was nothing short of dreadful!! I never thought I was Claustrophobic....BUT being in that small, confined area really freaked me out! I felt like that guy on the one CSI episode that was put in a coffin! OMG! I'll never do another 'closed' MRI!
    My hip was really hurting after laying on that table for such a long length of time. So after the 3rd MRI I told the tech that I was 'done for the day!' Now I have to reschedule for the 4th MRI but you can bet this one will be done with the Open machine!
    Has anyone else had this terrible experience?? I hope I don't have nightmares about it!! Roxie
Working...
X