cracks in the corner of my mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracks in the corner of my mouth

My mom used to get them... Right in the corner of my mouth it's like a slit or crack... I'm using Aquaphor. It takes so long to heal and when it does and I go to eat or talk it opens again. My mom said it was some kind of infection. I dont really remember. I was reading online that it could be a yeast infection?? or maybe and vitamin b deficiancy. does anyone else get these?? I'm going to my primary dr tommorow for my allergies and while I'm there I will ask him. If it is a vitamin b deficiancy will my bladder freek out if I start taking vitamin b pills??

Rachel
    ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

I have had the same problems for years.. now the corners of my mouth have a permenant red marks that look horrible.
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

ahhh... did you ever see a dr about it??
      ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

I asked about it and was tole it was coldsores. it really is embarrasing. if you get a new answer please let me know
        'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

hey

i recommend Biotene mouthwash. It helps restore saliva in the mouth. Also, they have gels and different stuff for dry mouth now. Chewing gum helps too. My mouth is so dry, that I tear it all up, just eating cereal. Hopefully this helps!
          Love is a fruit in season at all times, within reach of every hand. ~ The Blessed Mother Teresa

Status: Diagnosed October 2006 via cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Max anesthetized bladder capacity only 250 cc's. Mast cells and pinpoint bleeding found.

Remission for me means less pain for more days than not. Frequency is inevitable with a bladder this tiny! That is ok though. The difference between when I was diagnosed and now, is that I have embraced that fact. Me and the loo, we are one.

Comment

I dont have a dry mouth at all... I just get cracks in the corners of my mouth. It's irritating... I will let you know tigger_gal. Wish me luck!!!
            ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

I get it too; I also have permanent redness on the left side of my mouth as a result. It is actually yeast forming there. It happens if you drool when you're asleep, especially, but some people are just more prone to it.

To get rid of it, you can take Diflucan or Nystatin (prescriptions), or, I've found that using a tiny bit of the external cream that comes with a Monistat pack for vaginal yeast on the corners of my mouth before bed works well. You know, that little tube that's in with the vaginal insert that says "for external use."

Do NOT use a lot at once, just the tiniest dab, and try to get as little as possible actually inside your mouth.
              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I know this is kinda gross but I have to ask. But if it is yeast related... I have alot of discharge. It's kinda gross. I didn't know if I should go to my obgy. I made an appt for a check up next wednesday. I will talk to her about that. Also I will ask my primary dr tommorrow. I know Diflucan helps with yeast infections but will that help with discharge too??
                ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

yeah

on yeast: I think a majority of the world can't handle yeast, and just really doesn't know it. I have always had yeast infections. When I started using Replens(normalize the ph down there) I noticed that ridiculous amounts of cottage like discharge would come out of me. I wasn't the only one. All my friends have noted the same thing. Feels great after using it. Maybe you could try it. Another tip, citrus is supposed to help break down excess yeast build up.. and since we can't have that.. i recommend probiotics. Probably would be good to explain what's going on with the doctor. Hope this helps.
                  Love is a fruit in season at all times, within reach of every hand. ~ The Blessed Mother Teresa

Status: Diagnosed October 2006 via cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Max anesthetized bladder capacity only 250 cc's. Mast cells and pinpoint bleeding found.

Remission for me means less pain for more days than not. Frequency is inevitable with a bladder this tiny! That is ok though. The difference between when I was diagnosed and now, is that I have embraced that fact. Me and the loo, we are one.

Comment

I get cracks around my mouth in cold dry weather. I usually just put some Neosporin on it at bed time and it clears it up.

Donna
                    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

just call me drooly, I have woke up doing that..

Comment

LOL I don't drool.... well at least I dont think so. My bf would have told me seeing that I sleep in his bed every night. My older sister used to drool ALOT! haha it was funny.
                        ***Rachel***

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Replens & RePhresh

That discharge you mentioned when using RePlens and RePhresh is due to the product. The slough off are dead cells from the vaginal lining. Much like dry skin peeling. It looks like yeast, but isnt. It takes about 3 months of regular use for this to stop, and in some it never does.
                          Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
                          Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

I have heard it is a vitamin B deficiency also. I have them. Hate them. The yeast conncection sounds really plausable though Jen. I will attack it with that plan the next time I split. LOL!

Hugs,
                            Barb
                            (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
                            :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
                            :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
                            I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
                            PCOS 7/85
                            RSD 7/94 :headbang:
                            Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
                            Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
                            Kidney stones--too many to count
                            Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
                            IC 6/03 :evilsmile
                            Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
                            "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
                            "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

chewing gum

I can't find any chewing gum without preservatives? Anyone know of any?
                              Pam

Comment

Working...
                              X