Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petrie86
    replied
    Ok I went to my primary dr yesterday. HE said that the cracks or splits in the corner of my mouth was called "angular cheilitis." He gave me a cream called Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. He said drooling causes this... I told him that I dont drool!!! He said well when you sleep on your side the saliva stays on one side of your mouth causing these splits. It still doesn't make sense to me but this cream is working I guess.

Leave a comment:

• sunshine_77us
    replied
    chewing gum

I can't find any chewing gum without preservatives? Anyone know of any?

Leave a comment:

• Babs RN
    replied
    I have heard it is a vitamin B deficiency also. I have them. Hate them. The yeast conncection sounds really plausable though Jen. I will attack it with that plan the next time I split. LOL!

Hugs,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Replens & RePhresh

That discharge you mentioned when using RePlens and RePhresh is due to the product. The slough off are dead cells from the vaginal lining. Much like dry skin peeling. It looks like yeast, but isnt. It takes about 3 months of regular use for this to stop, and in some it never does.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    LOL I don't drool.... well at least I dont think so. My bf would have told me seeing that I sleep in his bed every night. My older sister used to drool ALOT! haha it was funny.

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    just call me drooly, I have woke up doing that..

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I get cracks around my mouth in cold dry weather. I usually just put some Neosporin on it at bed time and it clears it up.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICKIRSTI
    replied
    yeah

on yeast: I think a majority of the world can't handle yeast, and just really doesn't know it. I have always had yeast infections. When I started using Replens(normalize the ph down there) I noticed that ridiculous amounts of cottage like discharge would come out of me. I wasn't the only one. All my friends have noted the same thing. Feels great after using it. Maybe you could try it. Another tip, citrus is supposed to help break down excess yeast build up.. and since we can't have that.. i recommend probiotics. Probably would be good to explain what's going on with the doctor. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    I know this is kinda gross but I have to ask. But if it is yeast related... I have alot of discharge. It's kinda gross. I didn't know if I should go to my obgy. I made an appt for a check up next wednesday. I will talk to her about that. Also I will ask my primary dr tommorrow. I know Diflucan helps with yeast infections but will that help with discharge too??

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I get it too; I also have permanent redness on the left side of my mouth as a result. It is actually yeast forming there. It happens if you drool when you're asleep, especially, but some people are just more prone to it.

To get rid of it, you can take Diflucan or Nystatin (prescriptions), or, I've found that using a tiny bit of the external cream that comes with a Monistat pack for vaginal yeast on the corners of my mouth before bed works well. You know, that little tube that's in with the vaginal insert that says "for external use."

Do NOT use a lot at once, just the tiniest dab, and try to get as little as possible actually inside your mouth.

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    I dont have a dry mouth at all... I just get cracks in the corners of my mouth. It's irritating... I will let you know tigger_gal. Wish me luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICKIRSTI
    replied
    hey

i recommend Biotene mouthwash. It helps restore saliva in the mouth. Also, they have gels and different stuff for dry mouth now. Chewing gum helps too. My mouth is so dry, that I tear it all up, just eating cereal. Hopefully this helps!

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I asked about it and was tole it was coldsores. it really is embarrasing. if you get a new answer please let me know

Leave a comment:

• petrie86
    replied
    ahhh... did you ever see a dr about it??

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    I have had the same problems for years.. now the corners of my mouth have a permenant red marks that look horrible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X