Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another trip to the Rheumy...& another new problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trishann
    replied
    I am glad you are feeling better. Yes I know what you mean about one thing after other but once in awhile we do find something that can help us, and that itself is a miracle. I hope things will continue to work for you and then maybe your dose can be decrease and won't have to stay on steriods. I know that pain can really cause you not to be able to sleep and stuff and that is not good at all. I wasn't take pain pills before and did not get much sleep and I thought I was going to not make it. I was about to take anything to be able to get some sleep, I just couldn't take it any longer. My doctor gave me some pain pills, and I take it at night, and I get at least 4 hours without pain. I get these leg pains that keeps me up but the one good thing about this pain pill it helps with my legs and bladder.

It is so important to find something that will work for you. Again I hope you continue to feel better.

Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Trishann,
    Thank you! I actually am starting to feel better today. The dr. put me on 40mg of Prednisone for 4 days to see if that much of an increase will help with the pain or not. He said he didn't think it would but wanted to find out for sure. I'm glad he's covering all the bases cause I'm very tired of the dreadful pain. SOOO....it's kinda a 2 bladed sword......IF the increase in Predinsone helps.....then I have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and will have to be on steroids for a few months.....till we can calm it down and then start decreaseing them......Being on Steriods isn't a good thing.....but if it helps.... Seems we just can't win with all these health problems! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Roxie I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope whatever it is they will find the cause or find a way to get some relief from it. It is so aggravating to keep going for testing, but I hope this will find some answers for you. I am glad to hear that you are able to have an open MRI, at least that will take alittle stress off.

Hope you start feeling better soon,
    Sending hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• **Angie**
    replied
    for healthy days!!! angie

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Berkshire Road,
    Gosh I SO know what you mean about the whack-a-mole game! I can't seem to keep my head up at all....and it's SO expensive to have these health problems! We spent almost $200 yesterday between meds and dr. visit. Now I have to have another MRI on Monday and go see a Neurologist and have 2 tests by him....$$$$$$$$ AND I have insurance! I SO feel for those who are fighting this health problems without insurance or crappy insurance.
    I'm really thankful for everyone here who reads posts and writes back.....It really means a lot to me to know I'm not in this alone and there are others out there hurting as much as I am.......because in the low moments it can very lonely even with my very supportive husband! Thanks to everyone here! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    Oh, Roxie -- how awful. It's just one thing after another, isn't it? I was going through a series of disasters like that a while ago, and I felt like the mole in a whack-a-mole game; every time I got my head up, BAM! down you go. But it did get better, I'm down to only two or three disabling conditions LOL.

Never apologize for venting! Sometimes you just have to. We all do. That's one of the functions of a support group.

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    Sending s and wishes that they find out what's going on ASAP!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Griffsmom,
    Yes I have filed for MFLA I have been at my job for 13 yrs now. But thank you for the heads up. I need to read all the fine print and get my paperwork in right away.
    I have just been so worn down from the pain, dealing with dr.s, and having medical tests done. Healthy people have no idea what we 'sickies' go thru!
    I hope you have a good 'bladder day! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh no Roxie,
    I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain and they're still not sure what is going on. I hope that they figure it out soon and you get some relief. I know missing all that time off of work can be upseting. Have you filed for FMLA? If you've been at your job for at least a year then you can file and you can't lose your job for having off for a medical condition. It allows you 12 weeks off in a calendar year so that's pretty much a week a month which I know I would never use that much. I know that you would still have your paycheck cut but it would be reassuring to know that you had job security. I will be coming up on a year at my job next month and I am def going to fill out the paperwork for FMLA then. Sending you big soft squishy ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    started a topic Another trip to the Rheumy...& another new problem!

Another trip to the Rheumy...& another new problem!

HI All,
    Well MAYBE my new Rheumy has hit on the cause of my pain...or maybe it's an additional problem.....we aren't sure yet.
    I still have severe pain most of the time. He originally thought it was Polymyalgia Rheumatica because of the pain in my arms and legs. He started out putting me low doses of Prednisone and now has raised it to 2-10mg Pred. twice a day....I'll be on that till next Tues. IF I'm still in pain (and at this point he thinks I still might be) then my problem isn't Poly, but another problem.
    My latest bloodwork showed I'm very low in Carnitine so now I have to take supplements for that and if I'm still in pain on Tues. he wants me to have a nerve biospy done to see why my body isn't absorbing the Carnitine into my cells. I also have an Open MRI (no more closed ones for me!) scheduled for Monday, a full body scan....and then the next week a nasty muscle/nerve/needle test done at the Neurosurgeon....UGH!!!!! I hate needles!!
    Has anyone ever been low on Carnitine before?
    OHH forgot to mention.....I have Bronchitis now too......as if I needed another health issue to deal with! I knew I had a cold and sniffles but didn't realize it was that bad! So now I'm on antibiotics that will, I'm sure!, give me another yeast infection!
    I'm SO past 'wit's end' here with all these health issues from dealing with all this rotten pain.
    Now I'm going to have to take at least one more week off work (I'm sure my Principal is going to love hearing that news!) Plus I'm way past using all my sick days and sub-dock days at work.....so now my check will be cut drastically......UGH!!!!!!
    Sorry for venting here...I'm just tired, irritable, in pain......and just plain fed up with it all.......Thanks for listening....Roxie
Working...
X