every morning feeling sick to stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• every morning feeling sick to stomach

Every morning when I wake up, after I first move, I feel like I need to puke, and I've done that once, just last sat. (luckly it was a tiny bit that came up) but I've been dealing with this since I've gottan off my anti depressants, and anxiety meds, like 5 months ago, and recently got a lot worst, as I'll admit I drank some dry rum, twice, and thats where it started to get a lot worst! So that last 3 weeks, I've gone from tums, to pepcid, and then to prilosec otc, and so far the prilosec, seems to be stating to help some, after taking it for 4-5 days. But in this time, I've lost like 5-6 pounds in past month (do to all day nauseating, and no to little appitite) What would help me put on some pounds, and have a balance diet? (I'm unable to eat things with a lot of sugar, as that makes me feel nauseated, so I tend to eat more salty or creamy foods, like mac and cheese ) I have spend way over half my life having stomach problems, and want to get it under control what can help with that? I hate complaining to my fiance, every morning about feeling sick to my stomach, he's most likly tired of hearing about it. I know there are people who would love to be able to loose that many pounds in a month, with no excersize, but I've been too skinny all my life, and just want some fat on me, whats the best way to gain weight, when I'm not feeling good, and what would help get the stomach pain in more control?

Thanks.

hey,

what meds are you on? When I was on detrol, I had major stomach upset, nausea and reflux. I also lost a lot of weight in the 2 wks before I figured out what it was causing it. I went of it and in 2 days the heartburn and nausea was gone.

Even if youre not on detrol, i'd call the doc and ask if any of your drugs could cause the nausea. I think a lot mess up your stomach to a degree...

Comment

I'm not on any other meds, anytime recently only Advil, quite a bit before, for headaches, but stopped that on the 4th of April.

Comment

Just a thought...have you done a pregnancy test? I had this problem when I was pregnant (like most), but didnt think I was pregnant b/c I had not missed any periods. But, it turned out that I was 2 months along. I actually had a peroid for the first 5 mo I was pregnant.

Though this probobly isnt the case with you, you might want to do one to be sure.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets better for you soon.

Hugs,
        Amy

Comment

Because of the fact that you just recently stopped anxiety and antidepressants I wonder if there is some IBS contributing. I know my IBS makes me GERD problems all the worse and it is something that may not tollerate sugar because many have a lot of yeast. Also our bowels deal with a lot of our stress and I am sure that stopping those meds is a hard adjustment.

When my IBS is flaring badly my stomach will hurt me so much that I have been in tears from the pain! The more acidic my stomach gets (like in the morning) the more my IBS will have spasms that cause gas (which I didn't know that pain was gas till we started treated it...gas doesn't always come out) and the build of pressure is painful.

If that is what is going on and antacids aren't enough I suggest probiotics, peppermint, and maybe buying some gas ex to see if that brings your pain down. For me I cry without having it around!!

Fennel is an appetite stimulate that is soothing to the stomach...not sure what things help you gain weight but that might.

Granted, you need to talk to a doctor about what is going on to be sure!
          http://icandme.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=30 ibs Before I figured out what was going on with my IBS it was my stomach that was telling me more was going on...most food was making me sick and I was loosing weight...I got tests done and yes other things were going on but nothing solved the problems till my doctor said, well we already know you have IBS, maybe it is that! It was time to get more agressive with that treatment!
          Faith, Hope, and Love,
          Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
          Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

It could also be that you are having slow stomach emptying problems. This does cause nausea, and also can cause bloating, and pain sometimes. If it does not get better, I would see a gastroenterologist one who deals with motility issues of the gut in particular. Hope you feel better soon.
            Jen

Comment

I won't attempt to guess what might be going on with you. I do feel that you need to see your doctor. I suggest you call today and make an appointment.

And please let us know what you find out.

Warm healing thoughts,
              Donna
              Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
              Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
              Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
              [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

What has your doctor said about your symptoms and what might be causing them?
                Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I can't see a doctor till I get insurance, as right now I'm without insurance, so I need to wait. But fiance is talking about taking me to a family doctor. so I'll wait and see.

Thanks everyone

Comment

I'm gonna go get check out very soon, Its hard to be waking up every morning feeling like I'm gonna puke, thats just not fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X