No announcement yet.

Sooooo Itchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This topic interst me because I have itching some times but I know its not yeast.. You would know it was yeast to because it feels like ants are biting you down there, sorry but thats the way it feels for me.. Now when I have just a itch I have often wondered what was causing it, because it did not respond to yeast meds and it would come and go..OHHH AND FYI If you do have IC the creams for yeast can set you on fire!! but anyways I am glad to have read these post its very interesting to see that other people have the same symptoms...
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I wouldn't worry that it will affect your fertility, but the sooner you can treat it the better.

Comment

[QUOTE=Briza;326930.... It can give good if only temporary relief. Most OTC stuff can cause contact irritation if you have IC and/or some form of vulvodynia. Cold packs between the legs also help! Sorry you're suffering...I have been there many times. I know this is gonna sound crazy but I have MANY times used a cold can of soda between my legs while sitting at my desk at work just to get relief from the burn and itch...Helps best if you're wearing a skirt But sounds like your really need to see your gyn.....

HI, I am new and just starting now. I caught this experience (above) very interesting because many a time when I have this sharp itchy sensation, I want to put something hard and cold against that part below but never so creative! I do want to ask anyone what does an ice packs look like because I had asked my gyn months ago if something like that is available to which the answer is none. I came back from my urologist yesterday after having seen him for over 5 years now and numerous DMSO, antidepressant pills etc..I am now convinced I have to live with IC and be creative on how to manage the on and off pains. I can't rely on the physicians to try diff methods that more often than not are so painful and short of relief each time. Has anyone tried acupuncture? I am wondering if this may work better and safer. I am happy to join this network and look forward to being a part of this. Thanks all

Comment

I wonder how ice packs help and where do you get this?

Comment

I am new and hope to be a part of this network. I have ic for over 8 yrs now and still trying to get long term relief at least if not total recovery.

Comment

Just wanted to say that 3 weeks ago I had 7 bumps, down there, lol, are you outside often? I was covered in chiggers, yes, no discharge. etc., but the itch, especially continually itching, can make you almost crazy and they last longer. Do you have any other symptoms? burning, etc?
              Love the person, hate the sin!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ramblingrose;633107
                ... Has anyone tried acupuncture? I am wondering if this may work better and safer. [/QUOTE]

Ramblingrose, I tried acupuncture (& a bunch of other things, 26 different treatments in all) before I finally had an Interstim implanted. For me, acupuncture neither made it better, nor made it worse. I tried TENS (somewhat like acupuncture), which made it better, but my skin kept breaking down when I tried to wear it 24x7. That success made me more confident in pursuing the Interstim implant.
                IC & fibromyalgia since ~'77. Osteoarthritis since ~'88. Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (autoimmune blood disease) since '96. IBS for who knows how long. Interstim implant 2/04, revised 6/06, replaced 11/12 & again in 9/17. Antibodies to thyroid since at least '92 (finally diagnosed & treated 1/06). Asthma & vocal cord dysfunction 12/06. Hypoglycemia '07. Perimenopausal at 37, menopause at 45. Pituitary & adrenal failure. Osteopenia. Grade 3 sacral fracture by S3-S4 at age 12, healed 14mm out of place.

Comment

Working...
                X