X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjyoon
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ramblingrose;633107
    ... Has anyone tried acupuncture? I am wondering if this may work better and safer. [/QUOTE]

Ramblingrose, I tried acupuncture (& a bunch of other things, 26 different treatments in all) before I finally had an Interstim implanted. For me, acupuncture neither made it better, nor made it worse. I tried TENS (somewhat like acupuncture), which made it better, but my skin kept breaking down when I tried to wear it 24x7. That success made me more confident in pursuing the Interstim implant.

Leave a comment:

• GodgrantsMercy
    replied
    Just wanted to say that 3 weeks ago I had 7 bumps, down there, lol, are you outside often? I was covered in chiggers, yes, no discharge. etc., but the itch, especially continually itching, can make you almost crazy and they last longer. Do you have any other symptoms? burning, etc?

Leave a comment:

• Ramblingrose
    replied
    I am new and hope to be a part of this network. I have ic for over 8 yrs now and still trying to get long term relief at least if not total recovery.

Leave a comment:

• Ramblingrose
    replied
    I wonder how ice packs help and where do you get this?

Leave a comment:

• Ramblingrose
    replied
    [QUOTE=Briza;326930.... It can give good if only temporary relief. Most OTC stuff can cause contact irritation if you have IC and/or some form of vulvodynia. Cold packs between the legs also help! Sorry you're suffering...I have been there many times. I know this is gonna sound crazy but I have MANY times used a cold can of soda between my legs while sitting at my desk at work just to get relief from the burn and itch...Helps best if you're wearing a skirt But sounds like your really need to see your gyn.....

HI, I am new and just starting now. I caught this experience (above) very interesting because many a time when I have this sharp itchy sensation, I want to put something hard and cold against that part below but never so creative! I do want to ask anyone what does an ice packs look like because I had asked my gyn months ago if something like that is available to which the answer is none. I came back from my urologist yesterday after having seen him for over 5 years now and numerous DMSO, antidepressant pills etc..I am now convinced I have to live with IC and be creative on how to manage the on and off pains. I can't rely on the physicians to try diff methods that more often than not are so painful and short of relief each time. Has anyone tried acupuncture? I am wondering if this may work better and safer. I am happy to join this network and look forward to being a part of this. Thanks all

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    I wouldn't worry that it will affect your fertility, but the sooner you can treat it the better.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    This topic interst me because I have itching some times but I know its not yeast.. You would know it was yeast to because it feels like ants are biting you down there, sorry but thats the way it feels for me.. Now when I have just a itch I have often wondered what was causing it, because it did not respond to yeast meds and it would come and go..OHHH AND FYI If you do have IC the creams for yeast can set you on fire!! but anyways I am glad to have read these post its very interesting to see that other people have the same symptoms...

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I just went to my gyne because I was having a discharge. I thought for sure it was bacterial vaginosis, but the culture was clean. By the way, Bacterial vaginosis will not cause PID unless you have the infection and have some sort of procedure done in the vaginal area that is invasive. At least that is what my gyne said. She said you dont even really need to treat it. She said the basic reason women get treated for BV is because of the nasty fishy smell in produces, which in my case when I had BV awhile back, it did not have any odor, so it does not always have to have an odor.
    I doubt you have a yeast infection though since you have no discharge. I would see your doctor for sure though just to make sure. There are alot of things that can cause itchiness in the vulva area. There is yeast, vulva vestibulitis, Lichen Sclerosis, Lichen planus, the list can go on and on. It is always best to get checked. It could be something so simple like a allergic reaction to something as well. Hope you get some relief soon.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• verdicries
    replied
    andrea,
    please go get it checked. yeast can spread into the bladder (ew) and bv can cause premature labor (NOT that you're pregnant lol) and pelvic inflammatory disease if untreated long enuf. the flagyl will clear it up asap but DO get some difulcan b/c it will cause a yeast infection yuck.

hope you're feeling better!

Leave a comment:

• andrea1
    replied
    rjyoon- wow! I'm definitely not like that. I'm glad you're not like that all the time anymore.

Bacterial Vaginosis is the one that you can get from wearing thongs, huh? I used to work in an obgyn office and I remember the girls in the front singing the thong song when they got in lab results

Leave a comment:

• rjyoon
    replied
    I have had referred bladder pain that itched tremendously since my IC started. I used to scratch myself while I was asleep -- scratched through my clothes & was bloody before I woke up. As soon as I voided, the itching would go away. It was my primary symptom when I was a teenager, now it just reappears once in awhile. I guess I'm thankful I didn't feel it as pain, but it wasn't any fun.

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Don't think that I am saying that all itching is IC. But it is another symptom of IC.

My itching did not respond to treatment for yeast infection. That is exactly what it felt like. My urogyne suggested to "drain" the contents remaining in the syringe after my instill over the affected area. They offered to write a prescription for a lidocane cream but draining was sufficent to take care of the problem.

I didn't have any other symptoms and the itching did not get worse. Naturally I would have contacted them if the itching continued or additional symptoms appeared.
    Last edited by L. Thomas; 05-05-2007, 03:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andrea1
    replied
    Briza- that did it for me. I'll get it checked out this week. I'm so scared that one of these many things I'm dealing with now will affect my fertility in the future. I don't know what I'd do if the privilege of having children was taken away from me.

Leave a comment:

• andrea1
    replied
    So then if it were caused by IC, that would explain the itchiness without the discharge? Am I way off here?

Leave a comment:

• L. Thomas
    replied
    Hate to tell you this but I found out that IC can mimic a yeast infection. My instills have lidocane in them. 1cc reamins in the catheter after the instill. After I remove the catheter I allow the mixture in the syringe to drain over the entire vulva/ peritoneal area. I am amazed at the symptoms that I can have that end up being IC. Who would have thought that IC would cause sleeping problems? It is almost like IC is the root of many of my "evils".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X