Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI All.........thank you for your wishes today. I truely am just totally worn out from this pain.....and then...even with the Lyrica and Elavil I can't sleep. GEEZ! My Rheumatologist won't be back in town till a week from Monday......but I have an appt then and hope he can give me some other pain meds to try. (of course I just bought a 3 mo. supply of Lyrica from the mail-in pharmacy!)
    I've never had pain like this before......it's from the never damage....and my hands, arms, shoulders, legs, hips.....all hurt.....ache really. I just hate it!
    Hope you all have a pain free weekend....Rox

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Roxie I am so sorry you are suffering. You think after you deal with pain so long that you get use to it. BUT YOU DON'T. I think the body get so worn out because of the pain that it gets harder to fight it.

I hope the new alternatives that you try will get you that relief that you need so desperately. Please let us know.

Take care, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• kari1980
    replied
    Roxie
    I'm sorry your in so much pain and having so many other problems as well. I hope the therapist can help you and that you have good results from it. When we're in this much pain, we will try anything! Good luck with it and feel better.

I HATE PAIN TOO!!

Kari

Leave a comment:

• Silverfox
    replied
    Roxie,

Very sorry you have so much pain. I understand because I also have this condition and I have never had a biopsy. What will the biopsy show if I have a nerve biopsy. Did they biopsy the nerves in the bladder? I was thinking of having a nerve biopsy in my bladder. My bladder looks really good but they tell me my bladder pains come from the sensory nerves in my bladder/urethra.

With your biopsy could the Docs identfy that the myelin coating on the outside of the nerves being damaged or missing? Did they find that you have axonal nerve damage with a dieing back of axons? Excuse me for my extreme interest in your biopsy results. Just very interested.

In some reading and talking with my Doctors they explain that if you have some nerve damage, it would be most helpful for them to find the underlying disease that would be causing this. Many times it is very helpful to treat the underlying disease and some will have much improvement of symptoms.

After so many years, with my own nerve pains and myopathies I learned that I had a underlying illness, and now I take medicine for it and I am very slowly improving. They tell me I suffer with muscle myopathy, sensory neuropathies, and also suffer with the symptoms of a autonomic nerve damage. I did corner one of my Docs on this and asked him just which of my nerves are affected and he explained that it was affecting nerves all through my body. I never realized this, so I was just super shocked with his answer. I felt so sad, that I had been for years from Doctor to Doctor and some good ones told me "It's all in your head" and it never was caused by my head! It was all coming from inside my poor damaged nerves.

There are many products (perhaps scams I believe) they claim to repair nerves with because they increase circulation. Some people say were helped and then others say they just take their money. I think one is called the rebuilder and I was warned that they claim that it can rebuild the nerves in your mucles. My Doctors have never heard of them and so I was suspicious of these products and their claims of pain relief and nerve repair. My Doc explained that if those machines worked they would be sold openly at every drug store.

Hope you are able to feel better. It is so helpful not to be in the dark and understand this type of nerve pain. When I have some spare time I try to read about this kind on nerve/muscle pain. Not many people are aware of this nerve/muscle pain so they look at me as though I am crazy when I try to explain.

Now, because I see that so many with Diabetes who suffer with such painful nerve/muscle myopathy symptoms I have more empathy to their suffering and a better understanding of the importance taking care of the Diabetes first and this will slow or prevent this kind of neuropathic pains.

I hope you have a nice weekend and would like to talk with you about your nerve biopsy results, and if your planned muscle massage treatments will help you and hope that you feel better soon.

Best Wishes Silverfox

Hypothyroidism 3 1/2 grains Armour thyroid
    Neurontin for nerve pain
    diagnosed with sensorimotor polyneuropathy and autonomic nerve damage

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    (((((((((((Roxie)))))))))))) I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain!! I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. I hope that you get some relief real soon. I'm always here if you need to talk

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    started a topic I hate Pain!!!!!!!!!

I hate Pain!!!!!!!!!

I have been in so much nerve/muscle pain these past 24 hrs I'm about to scream!! My nerve/muscle biopsy showed that I have nerve and muscle damage......so now I know what the problem is.....but sure can't get the pain under control with the Lyrica. It's just the pits!
    I'm seeing a Neuromuscular Massage Therapist on Tues. hoping she can help with the pain. She works with Essential oils and massage. Has anyone gone to a Neuromuscular massage therapist? Good or bad results??
    My counselor/therapist that I'm seeing now does hypnosis so she said she would try that when I see her next Thurs. I figure since regular methods of pain relief isn't working I need to move on to alternative medicines. Isn't it sad that we have to struggle to find methods to help with our pain...be it IC, IBS or Nerve pain ........I hope everyone has a good weekend......Roxie
Working...
X