Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacey65
    replied
    My Gyno told me that my bladder could drop lower or it may never drop any further. He told me to avoid heavy lifting and straining. I have a friend who had a sling and 5 years later she had to have her bladder lifted back up, BUT she said it was her own fault though because she did alot of heavy lifting.

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    replied
    I called my gyn today to set up the surgery, I told him to just plan on now the cervix removal and we would just wait to see about the bladder. my uro emailed me that it could make everything worse. i am so confused!!! i know i want the cervix out i just haven't felt right "there " for the last few months. so I am going to take the chance and have that out. my gyn said that they would do "anterior repair". if it is dropping now what happens in a few years another surgery??? i just turned 40! this is my 2nd surgery in less then 3 yrs!!!! i see uro on mon we shall see!

Leave a comment:

• Stacey65
    replied
    I was going to have my bladder lifted last year. My Gyno sent me to a Uro for testing and the Uro discovered I had IC. The 2 of them felt that I shouldn't have the surgery because they feared it would make my IC worse.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I am sorry for the bad news. I have heard quite promising stories about bladder slings though. I beleive there is a new one called the monarch.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    I am so sorry, I hope whatever your doctors decide to do, it will help you to get better.

Take care, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    replied
    I heard from my uro. she is will to talk to my gyn I am feeling that I will have the cervix removed but probably not the bladder sling. I can only guess or hope that part of what i am feeling right now is the cervix. i am very uncomfortable and burning all the time. My uro feels that the sling isn't going to make a difference and may cause more pain issues with more surgery. I see her next week for my hydro.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    My friend had a bladder sling and she said it has helped with her urgency..

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

Donna

Leave a comment:

• charmedx3
    started a topic news from gyn

news from gyn

I went in for my yearly today. I was planning on asking if my bladder was dropping. (i should say I had a hysterectomy-uterus only out in 2004)
    I just haven't felt quite right lately. Any way he did the exam and my crvix is dropping! He said about 30% , if I strain it is 50%. He wants to take my cervix out. My bladder is dropping a little bit also. I asked about a bladder sling. There is the possiblity that he will do that as well. I have to talk to my uro. My gyn said he will also talk to my uro about it. I was really upset today after I found all this out. It just seems like nothing is getting better! WHAT NEXT! I am having my hydro on monday also!
Working...
X