Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GEEZ..I woke up this morning and my ankle is swollen and red....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Oh no Roxie, not something else! That doesn't sound good at all. I know my GP has an answering service where they will give them a message and one of the dr's will call you back. Maybe you should try them and just see what they say, but i have to agree with everyone else, I would probably go to the ER to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I don't think it would be a bad idea to have it looked at. Do you have an urgent care center near you? That would be less expensive than an ER visit. If you do have an infection, it could worsen over the weekend.

I've always wondered why these things happen either at midnight or on a weekend!!! It sure can be maddening.....

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI Donna, I have had it elevated this morning and I put ice on it (not sure if ice will help but thought it couldn't hurt! lol) I called my Rheum. office and there's just a message saying....."If it's an emergency.....go to the ER!......otherwise call back during business hrs!" Remember the good ol'days when you could call your dr. office and the answering service would call the dr. for you with a message! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I think it would be a good idea to call your doctor. In the meantime, they usually say to prop up a swollen foot and rest.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI, I was thinking about that too......I'll see how it is by the time my husband gets home from work. I had a small infection in the incision a few weeks ago and the dr. gave me Leviquin......that's why I'm taking it now. Luckily I have 4 pills left from another time I was given it. Thanks! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    Roxie, it might not be a bad idea to go to an out patien clinic or er to have it looked at.. Infections can spread so fast, maybe they will give you an iv anti. Levaquin might not help that type of an infection. Keep us posted, and sorry about your ankle.

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Thanks Rhonda! I'm really concerned about this since the incision itself looks ok. It's just one dang thing after another!
    I hope you and your family are doing ok and have a great weekend! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    I am so sorry Roxi... ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• GEEZ..I woke up this morning and my ankle is swollen and red....

My ankle is infected.....where I had the nerve/muscle biopsy! I didn't think that once the incision was healing, closed, that the inside of the ankle could get infected?? Does anyone know anything about that? My ankle is red and swollen from the incision around the front of my ankle. I have 4 Levequin antibiotic pills so I started them this morning. I already have an appt. with my Rheumatologist on Monday so will show him the problem then......of course this would happen on the weekend!
    I hope everyone else is having a GOOD weekend! Roxie
Working...
X