Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mary124
    replied
    Roxie: I also take Topamax (150 mg) really can't say if it helps my IC or not... but I guess if it didn't I would probably be in more pain then I am and not be able to work full time. (I take them for headaches). Hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• lasrlsrps
    replied
    Sorry to hear you have to remove a stich but I am sure he will numb you so you won't feel it when he removes it, but also at the same time, I am sure you will find great relief when it is done and over with and get to feeling better. Please keep up posted on how you are doing!

Lori

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Roxie,
    I'm sorry that you have to have that stitch removed. That doesn't sound like fun but I'm sure it will be okay. Let us know how it goes!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Roxie,
    For me the Topamax have relieved 80% of my IC pain, but I am still only on 50mg. I have to move really really slow on moving up on medicines because I am so sensitive to them..It has been wonderful to me and the plus is the weight loss..I still have the urgency, but its not to bad, but I have had that all my life so to me it just something i have always dealt with..I would surely ask your doctor about Topamax..And as far as getting the stitch removed I am sure they will put something on it to deaden it first..Just ask them..(((((((((hugs)))))))

Ronda

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    Good luck, I hope it goes well. I'm sure he will numb it first.

Erika

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    A friend of mine had a stitch removed from an abdominal incision that was accidentally left intact when the rest of the sutures were removed. She said while it caused a bit of discomfort while it was being removed, it was nothing compared to the relief she felt once it was out.

Hopefully this will be a minor inconvenience for you and you'll start feeling better very soon!

Diana

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    started a topic OHHHH I forgot to mention........

OHHHH I forgot to mention........

When I saw my Rheumatologist today he looked at my ankle.....where I had the biopsy done. It has a small bump right on the incision. He says that's a stitch....and he thinks it needs to be removed He thinks that's what's causing the inflammation to keep rising. SO I've made an appt with the surgeon for this Thurs. so he can look at it. I'm dreading the thought of him having to remove that stitch because the incision is healing already! OUCH! I'm assuming he'd deaden the area first! Does anyone know anything about having that done??
    I posted earlier about being switched from Lyrica to Topamax. I know some of you take Topamax.....what do you think of it? Does it cause you any IC problems?? Roxie
Working...
X