I had to have a colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to have a colonoscopy

My dr sent me to a GI dr for more tests because I am still having a lot of stomach pain, I had to have a colonoscopy done and got the results back yesterday. He said I had one polyp that he removed and 3 more spots that he did biopsies on, they were all negative, thank goodness. He did say that it could have turned into cancer if I had left them alone though.I have adhesions on some of my upper intestines from having 3 abdominal surgeries in recent years, so that is causing me pain, my intestines are sort of in a kink I guess. I am supposed to be on a strict diet of high fiber cereal and fruit and vegetables. That is kinda hard to do when you are limited in your choices with IC.So I really don't know what to eat. I am always constipated. My uro put me on elmiron about the same time I went for the colonoscopy, too. So I am on alot of different meds that are contributing to it. I just want to feel better before May[my wedding]anybody know what you can eat that won't bother the IC, and is high in fiber?
    A sense of humor is the lubricant of life's machinery.

love ya' patticake

My daughter has IC and a lot of colon problems but has not had a colonoscopy yet. I have a lot of constipation problems and have recently been eating almonds everyday (1 oz./a handful)and they really help. I think almonds are IC friendly.
    They provide a lot of fiber.

Comment

I have IC and already had colon removed and now have pouch inflammed....white bread should be fine....some cereals. I take a fiber suppliment (pill form I am picky) DRINK A LOT OF WATER if you are very constipated and supposed to get a lot of fiber....you need for fluids. I possitively hate having practically nothing I can eat and feel like I am fading away. (literally I am already below what my wheight should be)

Big hugs, maybe we can help each other through this. Eating is one of my biggest problems....I take a lot of vitamins.....I recommend if you have intestinal problems you take a multi vitamin too....good luck

take care,
      Faith, Hope, and Love,
      Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
      Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

My gastro suggested Kashi GO LEAN cereals for my IBS w/ constipation, they have 10g of protein per serving. I prefer the honey oats but they also offer some with soy. They can be found in any grocery store on the cereal isle. I add blueberries sometimes and neither aggrevate my IC.
        hugs, jax
        jax

Comment

Working...
        X