chronic fatigue syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chronic fatigue syndrome

Does anyone here have chronic fatigue syndrome? For about the last 5 months almost every morning I wake up with a sore throat and achiness all over my body and I will think "ok now I have the flu or something" but then by afternoon I feel much better...only to wake up the next morning the same way. I seem to be needing 12-14 hours of sleep or I can hardly drag around. Does this sound like cfs? I plan on going to the doc for this because it has gone on so long but wanted to get input from all of you as well. Thanks.

P.S. I already miss the group of hugs and encouragement I would have gotten from Auntie Debbie after this post. frown
    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

I have Fibro and CFS, overlapping each other. I wake up with swollen glands, sore throat, and feel like crap, like I am coming down with something, but then later I feel better. Sometimes I run fevers and such. When I do get cold/flus I often wonder if it's just CFS, it's so hard to have this! GRR if you'd like more info on either Fibro or CFS, I'd be happy to help.

I miss Deb so much, too...

grouphug kissing
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Any info you have I would appreciate. Is there a database of doctors who treat this like what we have on this site for IC? How were you diagnosed? How long did it take? What is your treatment? I can't go on much longer like I have been. I have been going back to bed after my hubby leaves for work and kids leave for school and I wake up about noon - sometimes after. In the mornings my arms ache and my throat is so sore but then when I wake up I feel much better but still totally exhausted. Right now it takes every effort just to make my fingers type! They feel like they each weigh about 50 pounds! Anyway, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! I just don't want to spend time running around being told it is all in my head - because clearly something is wrong with me besides my IC and IBS! Thank you so much!

Pam
      Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
      Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
      Interstim replacement June 2011
      Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
      Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Comment

Hi Pam,

I PM'd ya.

Comment

My thoughts are with you. It must be quite a challenge for you, with a family to care for. Take care of yourself.

Could you pass along any information you get on chronic fatigue and being diagnosed? My doctor can't seem to figure out what's wrong with me (besides IC), but she is starting to talk about CFS.
          My symptoms are: fatigue, low grade fevers, aches and pains, stiff neck and body, soar throats, swollen glands, etc.
          Take care,
          Janet

Comment

Hi Janet, welcome to the boards. That sure does sound like CFS. I hope you get answers soon.

Love,
            Jess

Comment

Thank you, Jess. I make the mistake of comparing myself to a friend who has a severely bad case of CFS. She can barely function. Since I have cycles - some good and some bad days - I assumed it couldn't possibly be CFS.

And thank you for the welome. I am so thrilled to have found such a supportive, informative website.
              Janet

Comment

Janet,
                I was diagnosed with Chronic Epstein Barr Virus in 1991. I had swollen glands, sore throat, stiff neck, migraine type headaches, terrible burning pain in especially in my elbows and knees, especially after any activity. I couldnt sleep hardly at night at all and once I did get to sleep I could sleep for periods of 12+ hours and still wake up not rested. I finally got so weak that I had to be hospitalized for 9 days but really there wasnt much that they could do other than to give me a rest, sort of if you consider being in a hospital quiet. I ran a low grade fever. This persisted for several months. Finally after being shifted from one doctor to another, in the hospital one doctor did a test for Chronic Epstein Barr Virus and the test came back positive. I went through a period of about 2 1/2 years before I got to the point that I could do much of anything at all. I was so tired that I couldnt concentrate, couldnt read, watch tv, listen to music, carry on a conversation, etc. because I was so tired. I never did get my stamina back but did much better after that period of time. I am still had periods where I would get the joint pain, ear pain, etc. if I got really tired, etc. I am really concerned now because I am starting to have the symptoms again and had some blood work done when I applied for disability and it showed that I had a relapse of CEBV. It depends on who you talk to as to the difference between the CFS and CEBV. Some seem to think that if the Epstein Barr Virus (which is the same virus that causes mono) goes into the chronic stages and stays there that you have CFS, it is very confusing. Your doctor can do CEBV titers but be prepared to have difficulty finding a family practice physician who has the knowledge to interpret them. With the CEBV I was the opposite with the energy, I would feel half way descent in the am and as the day went on I was exhausted. If you have any questions feel free to email me. Susan

Comment

Working...
                X