I knew it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew it!

I called my GP and asked to have blood drawn bc I have suspected for a long time that I might have a low thyroid. My sister has been low thyroid for almost 5 years. My hair was starting to fall out more and I just felt so sluggish and low motivation. (I also have FM) I thought at first it may be the pain pills and my Fibro. So, I got the results back and Yes, I was right! I do have Hypothyroidism. I am so glad I went with my gut. So, I just picked up a prescription for it today. I am hoping that I will get some energy back soon. My level was 7. something...anyone know if that is mild, moderate or severe? Thanks
    DanaW

"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, For it's just about to turn; Don't quit over doubts and questions, For there's something you may learn."

Glad you went with your gut. For the people here who have had thyroid problems - the treatment seems to help their bladders, too.
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Working...
    X