X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cindy-Lou
    replied
    Allergies and Thyroid

I developed allergies a couple of years ago and this year they are worse than ever. I take clariton everyday and it does help.
    Also I was just diagnosed with hypothryroidism which has left me with no energy and feeling depressed. I started meds for that a few days ago so hopefully I will get results and have some energy back soon.
    Have you had your thyroid checked?

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Yes, my allergies are HORRIBLE this year. Two of the last three nights I've woken up at 2am with my nose completely stopped up, my skin itching, and a screaming IC flare in my bladder that's cut straight through my pain meds. The night I didn't have the problem, I took Benadryl at bedtime - so I guess I'll be doing that tonight & really hoping it works. I'm still uncomfortable now. Grrrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    'Tis the season! The pollen is really heavy in Oregon right now. We did get some rain overnight so that should help settle it for a day or two. I have two sons with asthma so I do understand what happens in the pollen season. I have some very minor problems: a snuffy nose if the pollen is bad, but I don't get wheezy or anything like that.

Be careful with dusting --- I always used a damp cloth to wipe down the furniture, etc., in my sons' bedroom to keep the dust in the air down.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• statesboro
    started a topic ?

?

I was wondering if anybody else has been having allergy and/or sinus trouble as much as I have been lately. It seems that I keep waking up with it. Of course, I just got finished using the neti pot once again. I even used the saline spray as well. I can't talk all too good currently. That has not been the case too much lately. It may not bother me too much every day. In fact, I may wake up with it, but I may not notice it later on.(good) It must be the right time of the year. Yep! I do know people without IC do get allergies and sinus trouble, but many IC'ers seem to. It would probably help to clean upstairs a little better, but the pain from degenerative disc disease must be telling me not to. Cleaning would probably increase the pain for me. I actually made a living as a custodian over 15 years, but there were some times last year where I actually had tears at work from pain. Besides, I don't feel like I have got good energy right now. I am supposed to go to physical therapy later on. Geez! I feel like I just want a new, or at leat a better, life right now. Can I get an amen! OK. That will be all now.
Working...
X