X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miki
    replied
    IM2:
    I have had a compounding drugstore do Valium suppositories for me.
    I have had to have them do them 2x, since I seem to be sensitive to some ingredient in them. I think it was the wax base. They used cocoa butter the second time, but they didn't work as well.
    I don't know.
    The normal ones really helped during the night.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I don't know where you are located, I have not had or heard of these.

A good compounding pharamcy with a pharamcist who is will to work with you, has a online sight, does mail orders and phone orders, will ship out to anywhere in Canada for sure.

MG
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 03-03-2011, 02:14 AM. Reason: Removed advertising.

Leave a comment:

• lm2
    replied
    Thanks, Donna - I hope someone knows! I saw my doctor this morning and will be going back on the 23rd. She said if I can give her the exact formulation she'll see if the hospital here or a compounding pharmacy can make it. I read that they used to use Furacin/Nitrofurazone + an anesthetic which I will also ask about but it seems like the one some people are using is different. If I don't hear from anyone I'll try send a private message.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Anyone? Many years ago I used some urethral suppositories but I don't remember what was in them.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• lm2
    started a topic Urethral Suppositories?

Urethral Suppositories?

Hi everyone,

I've read several posts where people have been prescribed urethral suppositories, which are usually described as containing an antibiotic and a steroid (and maybe lidocaine). I want to ask my urologist here in Canada if this is something that could be prescribed/compounded and I was curious if anyone had more specifics about the ingredients. For instance, does anyone know what kind of antibiotic is used? I doubt I'll be able to find a pharmacy here that can make this but I'd like to have as much information as possible before my appointment.

Thanks very much.
Working...
X