• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy8$
    replied
    Re: Marshmallow root experiences?

Originally posted by joynchrist View Post
    what type capsules do you take...
    Nature's way kidney bladder....is good but six pills a day. Nature's way Marshmallow Root 4 pills a day n more mgs of marshmallow root. Kidney bladder has other antiinflammatory n things good for urination + marshmallows root . I take the natures way ...marshmallow root

Leave a comment:

• joynchrist
    replied

what type capsules do you take...

Leave a comment:

• Speedy8$
    replied

31 year old male diagnosed with IC I take Nortriptyline for the pain I recently discovered kidney bladder capsules that are amazing. the most beneficial ingredient is marshmallow root and it really helps a lot; this helped me and I hope it can help you too
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM. Reason: Removed brand name.

Leave a comment:

• Yessie245
    replied
    Re: I know this is an older post, but...

Now that I'm thinking back the bladder pain began after I was diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis.

Leave a comment:

• Aaarrrggghhh
    replied

acoleslaw- my IC gets worse with yeast symptoms too. I think I am now sooooooo alkaline in my system that yeast can thrive. It's really hard finding that balance.

Leave a comment:

• acoleslaw
    replied

Originally posted by Florida flower View Post
    Mine started with a bad bought of BV/yeast brought on by a Mirena.
    I have ALWAYS had yeast problems (since age 18) and I've been wondering if there was a connection. I didn't get my Mirena until 6mos after my IC diagnosis but I experienced two awful bouts of BV. The last month is the first month in years that has gone by without a yeast issue and coincidentally (?) been a better month for my IC. I'm wondering if there is some connection with acidity in the body or vaginal area in general....

Leave a comment:

• Martina57
    replied

Just started using marshmallow root capsules and feel more comfortable than I have felt for years. Hope this will continue.

Leave a comment:

• Florida flower
    replied

Shelly- Mine is slimy kinda and it does not bother me. When you buy a big bag from online and steep it in a metal strainer it will color the water...but...if you squeez the tea out to get all the water out there are thicker goo like tendrils that will fall in the tea water and dissolve. They really don't bother me, but I can tell the tea is thicker.

Did you say you were in remission for 10 years? Where is your story posted I could use some hope right now. Mine started with a bad bought of BV/yeast brought on by a Mirena.

Originally posted by Shelly10 View Post
    I am in the middle of a nasty flare brought on by a UTI that I had to take 3 rounds of antibiotics to get rid of. My dr wants me to wait 8 weeks before I come back to see if the irritation/inflammation dies down. In the meantime I want to go the natural route and try the marshmallow root tea. I went to 3 different health food stores just to find it. I read that many people suggest buying it loose but what I found comes in tea bags by Celebration Herbals.

My question is I keep reading how its supposed to be "slimy." I don't know what you mean? I steep mine for like 10 minutes and it remains a clear yellowy color. It tastes fine, I don't mind drinking it, but I want to prepare it in a way that will be most successful in treating my symptoms. Is it not as effective if you use the tea bags? Should I steep it longer or in the fridge to get the "slimy" mucous effect? Thanks for any feedback!

Shelly

Leave a comment:

• Tina2
    replied
    Hi Donna thanks, i am seeing the GP today but i doubt he will even know what marshmellow root is ! Hopeless really the medical services in the Aus.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by LoriSue View Post
    Donna, you mentioned that you're on a diuretic for high blood pressure. The doctor took me off Hydrochlorothiazide after I was diagnosed with IC. She said my bladder would never calm down if I was taking it and the last thing my body needed was a chemically induced dehydration. I'd been on that medication combined with my other high blood pressure medication for over 5 years. My body rebelled and I gained 8 pounds. In the meantime, the new medication I'm on is not controlling my blood pressure very well. I don't know what to do. I can't imagine being on HCTZ again...I'm in the bathroom enough as it is. But if it's between that and my blood pressure...well, as I said. I don't know what to do.
    Sometimes it takes trying different medication combinations to get blood pressure to acceptable levels. 25 mg of HCTZ isn't too bad for me bladderwise. If I take it with my morning meds, I will usually urinate more volume for two or three hours, then I'm back to normal. Sometimes we have to weigh potential side effects against benefit and make difficult choices.

Sending warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• LoriSue
    replied
    Donna, you mentioned that you're on a diuretic for high blood pressure. The doctor took me off Hydrochlorothiazide after I was diagnosed with IC. She said my bladder would never calm down if I was taking it and the last thing my body needed was a chemically induced dehydration. I'd been on that medication combined with my other high blood pressure medication for over 5 years. My body rebelled and I gained 8 pounds. In the meantime, the new medication I'm on is not controlling my blood pressure very well. I don't know what to do. I can't imagine being on HCTZ again...I'm in the bathroom enough as it is. But if it's between that and my blood pressure...well, as I said. I don't know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Originally posted by Tina2 View Post
    Hi Donna, i take inderal for migraine i also take vesicare, can i ad Marshmellow root Capsuals ? I have also just startd on probiotic capsuals as i have cronic vulvitis and nothing is helping. If marshmellow root is a diuretic does that not make you pee even more ?
    Any advise appreciated.
    Thanks Julia
    I can't give you medical advice. I do think it's important to ask your doctor before taking it. Diuretics do cause more urination, but they can also be soothing in some instances.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Tina2
    replied
    Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    I can't take it because I'm already on a diuretic for blood pressure --- and can't add another diuretic.

Donna
    Hi Donna, i take inderal for migraine i also take vesicare, can i ad Marshmellow root Capsuals ? I have also just startd on probiotic capsuals as i have cronic vulvitis and nothing is helping. If marshmellow root is a diuretic does that not make you pee even more ?
    Any advise appreciated.
    Thanks Julia

Leave a comment:

• tjcoch
    replied
    Do you buy it from a Whole foods store? I've tried everything else, couldn't hurt!

Leave a comment:

• Belle Dawn
    replied
    feelin' good !

Originally posted by Tectonic View Post
    Does anyone buy their marshmallow root online? I can't find it anywhere for sale, so online shopping seems to be the way to go for me. Any suggested brands/shops/suppliers? I've been having general IC pain for about a month now, and sleep-interrupting urethra pain for a week straight. I'm at my breaking point and not getting much help from the doctor, I'm praying this tea will be my answer for relief.
    I do purchase mine on-line...much cheaper than in the health foods store...even in Loma Linda !..I have lost my packaging slip...keep on researching and you can find it much cheaper than pre-packaged.
    Belle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X