Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I give the Elmiron a try??

Hi everyone,

I did great with the Augmentin Therapy the last year, my bladder has healed but my urethra still is hurting bad sometimes. Now my uro told me to try Elmiron he said it would help my urethra. I always thought that it only helps the bladder?

ok you posted this a long time ago so I hope you are doing better! I thought my pain was in my urethra too until the doc did an exam and touched my bladder and wow did I feel it. I think your nerve are pinpointing it to your urethra but it stems from the bladder. I'm in a flare and I feel it all in my urethra. Still looking for answers myself
    symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
    *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
    100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
    Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
    Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
    Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
    My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

Working...
    X