Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vulvodynia - Here is what is helping me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulvodynia - Here is what is helping me!

Hey girls,

I have had vulvar vestibulitis syndrome and about 4 years ago underwent surgical exicision of most of the vestibular glands at my vaginal opening. This surgery is not for the faint at heart. However, one particularly painful spot remains but prior to having it removed I tried a hydrocortizone cream. Boy is it helping with the tenderness and inflammation! Also after letting the cortizone cream dry, I coat the area with a little petroleum jelly. I am convinced that the urine is the irritant to these tissues. One caution, be VERY careful NOT to get the hydrocortizone around the urethal opening . Might burn a little. The hydrocortizone cream is available at any pharmacy. For those with vestibulitis, this could be something to try. Do check with a doctor though before you try this. Hey it might help those that are having trouble with painful penetration!

Sherry

Hi Sherry...that cortezone cream helped me too, and continues to help me whenever I feel an episode coming on. It seems to have two functions: soothes the irritation; and provides a barrier to the acidic urine. I also rinse off after each time I pee with some wet toilet paper (some people use a spray bottle) and then dry off well before using any cream. A pain in the you-know-what, but it does help.
    Kat

Comment

thankx gals gona definately give that one a try
      teri
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Yes urine is what irritates the tissues just like it does our bladders. My dr says the vulvar tissues have some of their protective lining gone like our bladders do! Makes sense to me
        hugs
        shel

Comment

Working...
        X