No announcement yet.

diagnosing vulvodynia.....after IC

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • diagnosing vulvodynia.....after IC

    How is vulvodynia diagnosed? How can they differentiate between the burning being caused by IC or if you have vulvodynia. Daughter (6) already diagnosed with IC, but often complains about burning pain. Thank you for any info you could share

  • #2
    Hi Threewins,

    Wow, your poor little girl! I remember you mentioning this in chat one night. Well if you take your daughter to the doctor...maybe a family doc can do this? You can tell them about the pain, when I was diagnosed, I had a q-tip test. I'm really not quite sure how to explain it, but there is a great website on Vulvodynia, it's (the National Vulvodynia Association) and maybe that can help you with your reasearch.

    I can really tell when mine flares up before my period, after sex, and sometimes if I use an irritating soap or something. Obviously, your little girl doesn't have these flares for those reasons, so the NVA might have some answers for you. Good luck!

    Hugs to you and your girl,
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!


    • #3
      Where do you live? Thinking of recommending a doctor in case she does have it.



      • #4
        Thanks. We live in Massachusetts, about 1 1/2 hrs from Boston, but that is where we take her for the IC. We don't have many specialists for children in our area, and I feel more comfortable with the doctors in boston at Childrens or the FLoating Hospital for Childrens. I guess I'll have to take her URO for more info for now. The pain seems to coincide with IC pain. I appreciate your replies.