X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maddy39
    replied
    HI Natalie

I HOPE you get some answers SOON...HUGS!!! I do understand & it can be very upsetting and discouraging..
    I recently chanegd Uro;s and I keep a journal SO I HOPE he can help me too..let me know what you find out Maddy

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    I live in Springfield Mo. I don't know what these doctor Problems are. But it is real pain it's not in my head. I well find a good doctor soon I hope.

Leave a comment:

• maddy39
    replied
    HI Natalie

I have been having problems getting on to respond..it asks me to OPEN another window..hmmm

so IF I dobt respond to ery one please forgive me..HOPE I CAN.

i hope this goes thru too..

HOW can he say the other Drs DX was wrong...??? IF he didnt even LOOK at you..grrrrrrrrr Makes me mad. And how he an HE KNOW u scratch if he doesnt look..grrr

where do u live? Is there any 1 else u can see?
    I HOPE i can continue with mime..I had a 4 visit approval ( that primary got for me ..for 1st Uro i saw)..then i got 3 for this new UAro..
    and I HOPE I can go more then 3x..

i talked to his receptionist about this and she said ..I DONT EVEN NEED a refferal
    so we shall see..I may cal my Ins to MAKE SURE I CAN still go to him.

i read th epost here on what Vulvadynia is..Ironically alot of yesterday i had a BURNING down there..IF i could PM u I would...

i talked to dr about this..when i saw him ( Gyn) Monday he said he didnt think i had it...and then i spoke to him AGAIN on th eohone..hes another who is great about calling back..

told him that i had this..but it isnt ALL the time..he said if it is al the time we will treat it ( Then i would assume it was yeast or bacterial) He doesnt want to ..til then and then only when we are sure..as 1 thing leads to another

and i will get some thing else..trying to cure some thing else.

I HAVE NO idea why...it was burning but i am 99% sure it wasnt Urethra burning..which is GOOD
    i hope you can get a dr who will HELP you HUGS I feel for you..write me any time..hope u are well..Maddy

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    Well I went to an other Doctor yesterday and he though it was all in my head and he though the others doctor Dianoses was wrong without taking a look at me. He also tolded me to stop scating at myself. I don't even scartch. It just hurts. Oh well a other doctor well do. What is it with these dumb doctors down here. Why can't they just do where she just left off.

Leave a comment:

• ShePurzz
    replied
    Some definition

What is vulvar vestibulitis?
    Vestibulitis is a condition which causes redness and pain of the vestibule. Vestibulitis is an inflammation of this skin and the mucous secreting glands found in the skin. The mucous secreting glands are called the lesser vestibular glands. Vestibulitis may include all the area around the opening of the vagina but is most commonly seen in the lower part.

Vulvar vestibulitis occurs in women of all ages. It can occur in women who are sexually active and also in women who have never been sexually active.

Many women with this problem have suffered physically and emotionally for months or years, have seen a number of physicians, and have tried many unsuccessful treatments in search of relief.

What are the signs and symptoms of Vulvar Vestibulitis?

* Severe pain with pressure (for example: biking, exercise, tight fitting clothes ).
    * Vaginal entry such as tampon use or intercourse.
    * Burning, stinging, irritation, or raw sensation within the vestibular area.
    * Vestibular redness
    * The urge to urinate frequently or suddenly

How is vulvar vestibulitis diagnosed (identified)?
    Your doctor or health care provider will examine the vulva and vestibule to identify the common skin changes seen with vulvar vestibulitis. Pain is usually felt if the vestibule area is touched with a cotton tipped applicator. A sample of your vaginal discharge is collected and tested to rule out infection.

What is the cause of vulvar vestibulitis?
    The exact cause is unknown, but many studies are being conducted to determine the cause of vulvar vestibulitis.

I hope this helps to clarify what it is -- I needed this information also... There was a great drawing for anyone interested in knowing exactly "where all your parts is at" parts!

VISIT: http://www.aafp.org/afp/990315ap/1547.html
    and scroll down for actual photos -- oh my GOD, the psoriasis has to hurt! -- or continue down to see a graphic depiction of the entire area -- This article is too long to post here, but has some great information that may help others in seeing/knowing what actually hurts and what others have tried.

I guess I would say that I have generalized 'dull aching pain' mainly on the left side of my labium majora (fancy eh?) Then when I get the Vulvadynia, it is in the similar area but SCREAMS with stabbing pain... My doctor said it is similar to my shingles -- however -- the shingles haven't been back for a while and the Vulvadynia seems to flare after or during my cycles. It too didn't return this month -- praise the Lord! -- however, I do have this generalized pelvic pain that is extremely annoying and painful.

Not sure what any of this means, but thought it was worth trying to get this picture to download... Hope it works.
    Last edited by ShePurzz; 08-13-2006, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    yes i mean a hydro

Leave a comment:

• maddy39
    replied
    HI Natalie..

I did an In Office Cysto..every thing was Normal I guess you were reffering to a Hydro? to make sure this is what i have?

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    no you have to buy the book. It only comes on line. And yes it does sound like IC. Any the only way they know you have it is go up insi of you with a scoop and look at your bladder.

Leave a comment:

• maddy39
    replied
    can I view that book online? I guess i can follow the IC diet dr gave me..as i type i am fine :woohoo: i drank water today

no burning ..(NOW )when my bladder is full and the freq is gone!!!!!..does this sound like IC? my New Uro says if i drink water and it goes away..( with me it also prevents burning ) THEN ITS IC HE SAYS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• maddy39
    replied
    hi Natalie

I wonder if i do have the Vulvadynia...becuase i ate the strawberries as a snack....with whipped cream ..and it bothered me..it went away tho & i didnt have to drink water or any thing..

can i get burnig ( down there) from Ic too? it seems to be just the top half of the area..sorry for the graphics

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    maddie39

if you buy that book it well tell you to stay away from strawberries because it is a high oxlate food. you need to be on a low oxlate food diet.

Leave a comment:

• maddy39
    replied
    HI natalie..

Ok I didnt know you could get flares from certain foods..I guess i should talk to my GYN when i see him MOnday huh? I ate strawberries ( with out my usual cereal with them ..) as a snack and i had some burning ( ?) Just went away ..& I was able to go to dinner with hubbie..THANK YOU for writing back & for the site i will go look!..I am afraid to eat calcium as I have a history of kidney stones and 1 time i think it was a calcium stone

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    Maddy39

Yes you can get flares from eating certin kind of food. Go to this web site and get this Book. WWW.VULVODYNIA-TREATMENT.COM. This book well tell what kinds of food to eat and clothing etc. ect. Very good book. I use this book and the Calendula Creme with some estrogen creme and it helps with the stinning and burning. And get some Calcium Citrate. Trust me I have IC AND VVS. Life well get better! As far as the doctor goes if they are not listioning to you find someone out there that well. There are thousands of doctors. Good Luck!!

Leave a comment:

• ICB
    replied
    Originally posted by maddy39
    . . . I DO NOT have PAIN or BURNING WITH SEX but can some times get it after

AND I have noticed it the end of the last week BEFORE my period as well..Im ok once i get it..

WHAT ?'s SHOULD I ASK GYN Monday??
    any info would be appreciated,.

. . . dr doesnt thinki have IC..1st Uro said NO HE DIDNT THINK I did ( and hes 1 in my area that is very familiar with it) as well as my history.

1st Uro said NO becuase i do NOT get up in the nigt..i do not have constant freq.

THOUGHT I was better..
    today had pressure..freq and a littlle urge.. and burning in urethra..
    all but the burning was there before coffee..whixh is what starts me with the freq,

new Uro said to be sure of IC hed do a BIOPSY ... UGH

please tell me what i should ask GYN as i see him monday ..I see Uro in 2 weeks P.S> new uro put me on MACRBID 2x a day for 1 week...i will KNOW Tuesday if i have an UTI I doubt it,MY LUCK stinks..
    Actually you could be pretty lucky; you may not have IC, it could be Pelvic Floor Dysfunction or trigger points (both interior and exterior), which might be causing your vulvar, vaginal and bladder symptoms. To find out more information on Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Trigger Points, etc., you may want to visit www.roadtoslainte.blogspot.com, check out their Archives/Previous Posts and read the following articles:

1. Pelvic Floor Therapy
    2. Trigger Trauma
    3. Sex, Lies, and Dyspar . . . Who?
    4. Let's Go! Really Go!

These articles may prompt some great questions for you to discuss with your healthcare providers. Furthermore, if you need any informational handout or fact sheet on PFD, Trigger Points, Cystoscopy Under Hydrodistention, etc. please email your request (with the requested information in the body of the email) to [email protected] and I will email those handouts to you.

The contents in this post are provided for informational purposes only. The contents are not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.

Best wishes, ICB

Leave a comment:

• maddy39
    replied
    wondering if i have Vulvadynia

I am going to my Gyn ( AGAIN) this Monday..
    to give you a short ( hopefully) history about me..I had re-current Yeast AND bacterial Infections...( when i started sleeping with hubbie again ) after he was cheating...( a whole nother story)

I THOUGHT I was done with YEAST ( yea right....) any ways.....when i would go to the Drs.I always had some type of burning..and/or Itch..and there was always some kind of infection. I had like paper cuts in the Labia area.. and sorta dryness,,and SOME TIMES burn and or sort of an ITCH ( I guess more burn) after sex OR the DAY AFTER.Hubbie is convinced ITS HIM and I am allegergic to him. ( he has some type of ..MAYBE eczema) any ways...I was told by GYN to use ( ready for this??????) BALMEX to heal the area..I assumed it was from all the meds i was on..
    well NOW im not so sure..

I DO NOT have PAIN or BURNING WITH SEX but can some times get it after

AND I have noticed it the end of the last week BEFORE my period as well..Im ok once i get it..

CAN I GET Vulvadynia in FLARES from EATING CERTAIN FOODS??

WHAT ?'s SHOULD I ASK GYN Monday??
    any info would be appreciated,.

p.s. im currently also seeing a URO..
    as IF MY HEALTH isnt bad enough..im a type 2 Diabetic..

with a bad back now i have had off/on again blader problems..
    did an in office Cysto..NORMAL ( which from what i understand here doesnt mean much as far as Dx.)

dr doesnt thinki have IC..1st Uro said NO HE DIDNT THINK I did ( and hes 1 in my area that is very familiar with it) as well as my history.

1st Uro said NO becuase i do NOT get up in the nigt..i do not have constant freq.

THOUGHT I was better..
    today had pressure..freq and a littlle urge..

and burning in urethra..

all but the burning was there before coffee..whixh is what starts me with the freq,

new Uro said to be sure of IC hed do a BIOPSY

UGH

please tell me what i should ask GYN as i see him monday ..I see Uro in 2 weeks P.S> new uro put me on MACRBID 2x a day for 1 week...i will KNOW Tuesday if i have an UTI I doubt it,MY LUCK stinks..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X