No announcement yet.

Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, and Urethral Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone get Vulva Vestibuliis after they had a hysterectomy If you had V V before a hysterectomy did it make it worse or better?

Comment

does anyone get the burning, itching and raw feeling with Vestibulitis? and what do you do about it?

Comment

pain

did anyone who has a full hystercodomy have trouble with there IC or Vulva Vestibulitis or Vulvodynia after there hystercodomy? Making there IC worse or better? Because I read that if you have a full hystercodomy that it can make things worse.

Comment

Michele

michele What are doing for the Vulvodynia pain? Because I have Vulva Vestibulitis?

Comment

How was this diagnosed? It seems so similar to the urethral burning. This gets confusing when dealing with IC pain too.
            bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

I thought it was just me..

My urethra has always hurt worse then my bladder execpt before my
              my period starts then everything hurts My gyn has given my a lidocaine gel to use I can insert in my urethra like the do before they cath you some times
              I usually use it at night before bed. I have the hardest time going to sleep because of the pain when I lay down.

Comment

With my vv And IC I have a constant burning senasation the the vaginal area It seem to be wrost after I go to the bathroom I started useing charmin ultra tp it is soft it has helped a bit I only go to the bathroom 20 time a day! I need sofenest. The only problem I have with sex is after wards I feel swolen and dry but I did just have a baby 8 week ago I hope that gose away. I have also changed my laundry det. to a dermatologically approved unsented detergent like purex or arm in hamer. I seem to have a heavy discharge does anyone else have this problem ???? I need to were pads but they irratate me does anyone know of a good pad to use that have mostly cotton so it does not rub the skin???? I hope I helped someone and hopefuly someone will have answers to my questions God bless everyone I will keep all suffers in my prayers

Comment

Mixer have you tryed a cold ice pack or laying on your side with your legs pulled in tight that helps me a little hope you feel better soon.

Comment

No have never thought of using anything cold always heating
                    pads and have slept with a pillow between my legs for 10yrs now
                    I will try it Thanks..

Comment

Kotex and poise pads are good Always pads are a bit rough for me I have to wear a pad every time I go out.

Comment

Pooboots Go to your natural food store and get pads there. I use pads, Totelpaper and Laundry Soap from my Natural Food store and it seems to help. I also use Calendule Creme I get from www.vulvodynia-treatment.com. I love this stiff it helps with the burning. I also watch my diet. My husband dosen't like the cost of things, But too bad.

Comment

If you go to the website for Poise.com, depends.com, serenity.com, there are free samples offered or you can ask for samples. I received a variety of sample from Serenity and coupons from Poise.

For urethra pain, I have applied ice packs since I need to cool off the burning. With pelvic pain, I apply one of those icey hot patches. The generic brands work just as well.
                          bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

Originally posted by natalie2006
                            Pooboots Go to your natural food store and get pads there. I use pads, Totelpaper and Laundry Soap from my Natural Food store and it seems to help. I also use Calendule Creme I get from www.vulvodynia-treatment.com. I love this stiff it helps with the burning. I also watch my diet. My husband dosen't like the cost of things, But too bad.
                            I can't believe that I have been doing the natural foods thing for so long, but NEVER even thought to buy natural pads or toilet [email protected][email protected]! What a marvelous suggestion. And the creme -- I will look into that, but for me, the VV is relieved by using Zovirax (pills if it is bad enough to make me say "]"YOWZZA"[/COLOR]
                            in the grocery store, and creme applied to the skin when it is just a irritating problem.

I notice that I get my VV flares during my cycle - but dumb as a door knob, I have never thought to use a different pad!!! For the love of Mike! I have gone to a depends type of product to reduce the irritation to my VV area during my cycle, and I do use the Always -- and come to think of it - they are a bit rougher... but I CANNOT use wings! I hate them and I end up with terrible sores when I do.

I have also had shingles in the past and during this last bought of VV, the URO suggested trying the Zovirax and it really worked well -- but took a few days to really get me down to a low hollar... I stayed in the house for those days because of the attention you get when you are walking through a store, stop dead in your tracks and scream "OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... This is NOT okay!!!" People stare at you when you do that... My husband, well, he just stands there looking at me with this quizzical look on his face ?? Do you want me to sing back up honey???

Oh, life with IC -- VV -- IBS -- CFS -- any other letters they can come up with???

I guess we just keep learning -- new pads on the way -- new creme on the way... gonna check out those free pad samples above too... What a great post this thread was -- wonderful ideas... Thanks everyone... so excited.. new pads ... :woohoo:

Mary

Comment

Natural Stuff

I just recently switched to the natural pads they seemed to kinda work better, they don't stay in place that good and I have to wear my black under wear. The whole natural TP thing is up to the person I guess I ordered some from this site which was much better the the whole foods store kind it is very scratchy even my hubby asked me why ??? would I want to use scratchy stuff on myself.. The Best, Best thing the the soap they sell called very privite I love it because I always hurt after showering from what ever soap I was using. It's kinda expensive so I use another natural soap for the rest of me and then that just for that area.. I also have had shingles twice in the same spot which my Dr say's highly unlikly but of course it happen to me along w/ every other thing.. I'm going to call my Uro and ask about using zovirax also. Thanks for the info. Oh yeah and try the almond milk it really does work I don't know how it's not bad either even my kids like it.

Comment

My Vulvodynia and Vulvar Vestibulitis are usually made worse by allergy season; poor posture; myofascial trigger points (referred pain/burning); Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (PFD), and sometimes intercourse.

I have found that many medications that treat my IC have also been helpful in treating both vulvar conditions. Moreover, physical therapy and self-help techniques have also made a tremendous difference in my quality of life.

A great resource for comprehensive information on heat vs. cold therapy; PFD; Trigger Trauma, etc. is www.roadtoslainte.com.

Only your healthcare provider can determine if the above suggestions are appropriate treatment options for you; these are just some suggestions that you can discuss with him/her.

The contents in this post are provided for informational purposes only. The contents are not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.

Best wishes to all, ICB

Comment

Working...
                                X