X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goldensky
    replied
    Hi kmmk
    before you take anything like premarin look into Bioidential hormone. I suggest reading a book called
    " Natural Hormone Balance" by Uzzi Reiss M.D/ O.B. GYN

Leave a comment:

• champ33
    replied
    IC&Vulvodynia& Endometoris& urethra

HI Michele,
    I have a few question to ask you and I live near Philadelphia and can you give me info the name of the dr .. So I need to get better with urethra it really bother me alot and it felt like I had a bladder infection it like flare up. and I don't pee burn just normal . I had Ic for 9 yrs now it was under control and I got better but when Vulvodynia and endo came along at the same time the first one it was Jan Endo, and just found out April Vulvodynia and my vulva is under control now but I kept getting yeast infection for the past 3mths and one is March and one in April and One now .
    I'm feeling alittle better but it come and goes when I feel my urethra alittle flare up. If you can give me info the name of the dr? It did the heaal remdy help the urethra? Just wondering .
    thanks alot.
    Champ33

Leave a comment:

• amy2822
    replied
    Sounds like we are doing a lot of the same things! Makes me feel better knowing that other PT's have the same technique as mine! Good luck with everything!

Leave a comment:

• KaraLynne
    replied
    I am doing stretching exercises for my hips and abs right now. I am using a dialater as well., which is helping a lot. I'm not supposed to have sex until my muscles are better. In addition I am doing the stretching exercises in Amy Stein's book. My PT approved them, although its not part of the program that my PT has me on. Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• amy2822
    replied
    I too have just started physical therapy and am doing some internal stretching along with strengthening and corecting my posture. My hips were not aligned and she believes that is causing some of the pain. I'm curious to know exactly what type of stretching you are doing.... Right now my PT has me using a small diolator and I am just putting pressure on the areas that cause me pain....

Leave a comment:

• KaraLynne
    replied
    Reading about all your pain issues sounds so familiar! I have urethral burning and pain during sex. But, I think I'm finally beginning to find answers thanks to someone else on this site and I wanted to share with you all what I've learned:

I read the book Heal Pelvic Pain by Amy Stein and it is a must-read book. You can read portions of it on google books, if you want to try before you buy.

Secondly, I saw a physical therapist who diagnosed me with pelvic floor disorder and she said that is causing all my urethral pain and also all my painful sex as well. Apparently my pelvic floor muscles are very tight, have shortened and are also very weak. They are so tight that she couldn't finish the internal vaginal exam. Also, my one side is much more flexible than the other and it's probably causing an imbalance and making things worse. My muscles were so weak that I could only hold a kegal for one second and someone my age should be able to hold one for ten seconds, no problem.

We are doing exercises to stretch those muscles and then to strengthen them later. So far, after about a month of doing exercises, I think my pain is getting weaker and also it doesn't last as long. I still have pain every day, but I think it's getting better. My physical therapist says that it will get 100% better--here's hoping! She has had lots of patients with my condition.

Someone else on this board recommended the Amy Stein book and I'm so glad they did, so I would definitely recommend it to everyone. I'm not sure that physical therapy for pelvic floor issues will solve everyone's problem, but for those it can help, I think it's a lifesaver. I just wanted to cry tears of relief when the physical therapist said, "this is your problem and this is the solution"--I've been waiting to years to hear something like that!

Leave a comment:

• deborah bush
    replied
    Natallie, my sister lives in Springfield, MO. I was out there last Christmas.

Deborah Bush

Leave a comment:

• tweety34
    replied
    I have been prescribed many antibiotics. I am going to see the urogyne about this hopefully he will have some ideas of whats going on.

Leave a comment:

• ICB
    replied
    Have you been prescribed an antibiotic to get rid of the bacterial vaginosis? It is very important to treat infections quickly; this may prevent irritating the nerve endings further.

Only your healthcare provider can determine if the above suggestions are appropriate treatment options for you; these are just some suggestions that you can discuss with him/her.

The contents in this post are provided for informational purposes only. The contents are not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.

Best wishes, ICB

Leave a comment:

• tweety34
    replied
    I also have the burning/itching and bacterial vaginosis. I am going through many treatments and wonder what is going on. I too feel like my insides are being ripped apart. I kept seeing the gyne who now gave me a standing prescription of metrogel which helps me only briefly. I like you dont know what to do next.

Good Luck

Cindy

Leave a comment:

• tweety34
    replied
    I also have the burning/itching and bacterial vaginosis. I am going through many treatments and wonder what is going on. I too feel like my insides are being ripped apart. I kept seeing the gyne who now gave me a standing prescription of metrogel which helps me only briefly. I like you dont know what to do next.

Leave a comment:

• HopeSeeker
    replied
    Originally posted by sadcrystal
    I can't take it anymore! I am sinking into a deep depression and I feel like none of these doctors or anyone cares or understands. I hate the fact that there is so little research on this and even more that there is not a definite cure! I wish there was some help out there. I'm tired of trying so many different things and only getting worse. Is there any hope????
    Yes, sadcrystal, there is hope. I first experienced VV in '92 before it even had a name. It lasted about 1 and 1/2 years and gradually left. I now have a recurrance as of 2/06 and in view of my remission of 14 years, cling to the hope that this bout will also go away. I have learned that even though it is so difficult to cope with the miserable pain and discomfort, it is so important to concentrate on the fact that you CAN recover.
    Last edited by HopeSeeker; 12-29-2006, 06:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dianne
    replied
    Tell me more about the traumeel suppositories. Was this just for urethral pain or for bladder too? Did they make the traumeel suppositories? I don't see them listed anywhere, just the gel, ointment. My urethral pain is controlled with almond milk but bladder pain is still off the chart.

Leave a comment:

• MimeRapMusic
    replied
    To Natalie (and others)...

I'd read this thread this morning, and am sickened by the attitude of some of these egotistical (and bordering on abusive, in my opinion) doctors attitudes, who seem to think that we women have nothing better to do than to complain about things that are indeed, SERIOUS & PAINFUL; as though we enjoy spending our hard earned money on them? only to be shuffled about from doctor to doctor, and then told what we experience on (for some) a daily basis, is in our heads!?
    - - - And people wonder why I don't trust nor have any respect for doctors anymore - - - too bad all the women who've been treated this way by these insensitive (inserting sarcasm here in the usage of the word:"gems") can't get a refund for having their time and energy wasted in going to seek help from these doctors in the first place.
    - My heart honestly goes out to you all; the struggles you must endure is heartwrenching! I feel terrible about it; wish so badly I could offer you an answer to end all the pain. But again, as I've said before in another post, I do think that this has to be the best bunch of people in supporting one another that I've come across, concerning health issues. - I am impressed with the sincerety that I see in you all in your empathy toward one another. (I just wish I could say/feel the same thing about most doctors in general; although I'm sure there are a few good ones about, they are just so hard to find anymore, it seems). - I wish you all the best in the continuing of your searches for an improved quality of life, because ... you all deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• natalie2006
    replied
    ok thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X