Natural anti-yeast medication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural anti-yeast medication

I just wanted to know if anyone has found a natural anti-yeast medication? I have been using garlic, and find it does help. I think I am having another yeast problem and my bladder has been starting to act up. I have talked to my doctor who seems to feel yeast is not my problem. I feel it is. Any suggestions on something I can get over the counter that may help?

Acidophus is supposed to help control yeast problems, I take it every day, I am on a low dose antibiotic but I haven't had any yeast infections since I have started taking it. HOpe this helps.

Comment

what is acidopus and where can you find that????

thanks Antoinette

Comment

not sure about acidophus....AZO makes a anti yeast med..It is called AZO yeast and is considered homeopathic medicine...it has helped me. I think my husband found it at WalMart

Good Luck

Faith, Hope, and Love,
        Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
        Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

I think you are looking for acidophilus. It is a yeast fighter that is a live "good" bacteria that is found in yogurt (although avoid the yogurt with sugar as sugar feeds yeast). You can get it in supplement form, which is a good idea since yogurt aggravates IC for some people.

Comment

You will find acidophilus in the vitamin / supplement section of many stores. Do be sure to read the label carefully. Different brands contain different additives and some of those additives may be irritating to an IC bladder. You will probably want to search to find one with as little added to the acidophilus as possible.
            Annie

IC
            Ulcerative Colitis and IBS
            Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

Comment

acidophilus is probably the best thing you can take for yeast. It is a probiotic - basically a good bacteria that your body should naturally have. The good bacteria helps keep the yeast in check. Almost every brand has an acidophilis. I'm currently using a product called culturelle, but the jury's still out on whether or not it is irritating by bladder or not.

Other good things for yeast are eating a VERY low sugar diet, grapefruit seed extract (not sure if this is a bladder irritant yet), pau d'arco, and caprylic acid (which kills my bladder so it is off limits for me)

Good Luck,
              Stacy

Comment

Working...
              X