Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KellyL
    replied
    Hi...I tried the low oxalate diet, but it's too hard! I generally know what to do and what not to do in terms of food and drink, so that's what I follow. I've had good luck for many years with taking Calcium citrate--so give that a try, can't hurt!

Leave a comment:

• poetgirl
    replied
    Colleen,

I don't follow the IC or low oxalate diets, but I generally do know that certain things will cause bladder and/or vulvodynia pain when I have them. For example, I cannot tolerate asparagus at all. And while I'm generally OK with spicy foods, I know that if my bladder is already feeling a little irritable, then it's time to stay away from salsas and other foods with chiles in them because it can cause a flare-up that also aggravates the vulvodynia. I also do not drink anything caffeinated.

Leave a comment:

• Im Colleen
    replied
    Hi Brianna,

Thanks so much for your reply. What other things have you found that help you with vulvodynia?

Thanks,
    Colleen

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have found that it helps tremedously!!! I used to eat raw spinach salads all the time before vv
    and now I can eat one and get a flare. It makes it double hard to follow both diets --the IC and low oxalate but when I don't, I flare.
    hugs

Leave a comment:

• Im Colleen
    started a topic Low Oxalate Diet

Low Oxalate Diet

Hi,

Has anyone found that following the low oxalate diet greatly improves the burning and pain of vulvodynia?

Thanks,
    Colleen
Working...
X