Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classics
    replied
    It's been a while since I posted. I did get to the new primary care doctor and she prescribed Estrace cream, to apply where I burn, (1 gram, once a week for three weeks). After using three times, I didn't feel any better; still continue with constant urethral burning, and occasional spasms when my bladder is full. So today I called her and she prescribed Clobetasol cream which I've used for the first time today. Anybody else try this and was there any success?

Leave a comment:

• Bobbie D
    replied
    I use Estrace cream and it has helped me so much.

Hugs,
    Bobbie D

Leave a comment:

• kiffy313
    replied
    I think I am "menopausal", will be 39 in a few days... I tried the premarin cream and was "on fire" my Uro switched to Estrace cream (it is an RX) and I apply it topically every night. It took a week or 2, but I do think it helps my vulvodynia and my ic.
    Take Care,
    Kandy

Leave a comment:

• blondie25
    replied
    I also get my hormones from Womens International Pharmacy. My Dr. has them formulated to fit my needs and they are all natural. I can't tolerate the synthetic ones. He does a blood test to check my estrogen level and then goes from there.

Leave a comment:

• tcbc1989
    replied
    Hi, I use a estrogen cream with Vitamen E that is a perscription from my doctor. It is specially prepared and cannot be filled at a regular pharmacy so I use "Women's International Pharmacy". Their web site is www.womensinternational.com........They have alot of information about women's health and hormone replacement thereapy. Hope this helps...Tina C. angel

Leave a comment:

• blondie25
    replied
    you can purchase n-acetyl glucosamine at web vitamins

Leave a comment:

• gcjfine
    replied
    Darlene-Estace cream really helps me also. It itches me sometimes when I first apply it, but then it is very soothing.
    Christie

Leave a comment:

• Dianne
    replied
    whoops, forgot the w's
    http://www.vulvarpainfoundation.org

Leave a comment:

• Dianne
    replied
    It's OTC but hard to find. There's 3 types of glucosamine and this one doesn't have the sulfate. I get mine from Dr. Clive Soloman who does the urine testing for high oxalates through the Vulvar Pain Foundation site but I believe he only sells it to those that participated in the study. http://vulvarpainfoundation.org

Leave a comment:

• buffy
    replied
    Thanks Diane, what was that second treatment, is it OTC or does it require a prescription?

Leave a comment:

• Dianne
    replied
    I can tolerate plain estriol cream 1/2-1 gm. 3 times/week. It keeps the paper cuts healed up. That in conjunction with N-acetyl glucosamine kind of keeps my vulvodynia mostly in remission.

Leave a comment:

• darlene
    started a topic estrogen cream for vulvodynia?I have a question

estrogen cream for vulvodynia?I have a question

I have a question for those with vulvodynia that are post menopausal, and don't take hormones. what has your experience been with estrogen cream?
Working...
X