Solu-Medrol Injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solu-Medrol Injections

Has anyone tried this? I am in the process now. It involves an injection once a week for 3 weeks and a booster shot a month later. My doc said I won't see any symptom change until after the first 3 shots and I've only had 2 shots so far, but she said my skin looks better already.

Was just curious if anyone else has tried this and what their results were.

Thanks.

Dana

Solu-Medrol Injections

Hi, is for vulvodynia ? I have never heard of that before. what type of doctor does this, is it by pain mgmt?
    Last edited by Mary Ann Maurer; 03-16-2007, 08:25 AM. Reason: had to reword

Comment

It looks like some sort of steroids right? please keep us posted. I'm interested in this too...wathever can take the pain away. Oral meds knock me down!
      Laser cervical surgery after abnormal pap (moderate dysplasia) in 3/2004
      UTIs since mid 2004
      Recurrent yeast infections since mid 2005
      IC dx 3/2006
      V V dx 12/2006
      Other conditions: IBS, allergies, dry eyes.

Current IC medications:
      Elavil (since 12/06) 10 mg;
      Cysta Q (since 5/07)
      Rephresh acid jel every 3 days
      D-mannose, fish oil, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamins & garlic pills (sometimes)
      Probiotics Femdophilus or other brands
      Gy-Na-Tren for yeast infections (started using it as needed since 2010)
      Other Rx:Omeprazole 20mg; benadryl as needed, Restasis

Past Meds and why I stopped them:
      Elmiron: March to September 2006: headaches
      Lyrica:2 weeks in 2006: headaches
      Cystoprotek: from Jan to April 2007: nausea

Femcon Fe (2/07 to 10/07):caused spotting/bleeding
      BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

Solu-Medrol Injections

Hi there I also have been dealing with chronic yeast infections what do you use mostly I don't like creams much I've been told boric acid is great not sure though if it will make the vv worse hoping we get a response to the first entry.

Comment

Yeast infections

Mary Ann,
          There's a lot of information on yeast in the "managing yeast infections" section. Boric acid is a good way to cotrol yeast infections IF you can tolerate it. I used it for a while but now that I have V V it is no longer an option for me. If you decide to try boric acid, apply some A&D ointment to the opening of the vagina to protect it (This is something a doctor told me a year after I started using boric acid ...so I wish I knew it before I got V V) .
          There are other options such as OTC Rephresh acid gel which lowers the vaginal PH and it is not as rough as boric acid, it is more to prevent or control it but it won't cure a raging yeast infection. Boric acid for 2 weeks will, most likely cure it.
          I heard applying plain yogurt is an option and it is gentle.
          UTIs since mid 2004
          IC dx 3/2006
          V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
          Cysta Q (since 5/07)

BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

yeast infections

Hi smr218

what do you use for yeast infections and what medications are you on for vv?

Comment

Yeast and V V

I've tried everything: OTC creams, prescribed creams. Last prescribed cream I got from my trip to S America it is a differnt antifungal (made in France or Spain) which treats diff kinds of Candida, not only albicans) but it was a bit too strong. Now I'm trying yogurth but I just did it once on Monday right before my period and it seemed ok! I also took 200 mg diflucan for 2 days. I do that before my period for prevention. Now I'm on my period so I don't know how thigs will be afterwards. I'm willing to try yogurth if things come back again. I'm taking nystatin for 1 week already and wil probbably take it for 3 - 4 weeks. I'm takin strong probiotics + AZO yeast. I watch my sugar intake (but not too strictly). If you want more information PM me.
              My mom who is a doctor, and I lives in S. America put me an injection to elevate my immune system (levamisol) I don't know if it worked or not , I hope it does. I went there a few weeks ago and now I'm back in the US.

By the way...my V V symptoms subside when I'm on my period, does that happen to others?
              UTIs since mid 2004
              IC dx 3/2006
              V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
              Cysta Q (since 5/07)

Comment

yeast /vv

my doctor had a compound pharmacy make up boric acid with cocoa buter cream combo I believe ,tried it last night and had no problems my problem began 2years ago after a course of antibiotics for treating my urethra I was 1st diagnosed with ic however I didn't have all the classic symptoms after the antibiotics didn't help with my urethra we moved on to urethral suppositories which are made up of steroid and macrodantin 3x a week for a month and thank god that seemed to do the trick my life moved on with no symptoms other than my vv which is mild but annoying I don't have painful sex never had from day one or difficulty with tampon insertion so again I don't have classic symptoms of vv either now almost 2years later my urethra started actiing up so my urogyne did a cystocospy in the office to look at my urethra and again had inflammation but not as bad as the first time and again with treated with the suppositories and it's working again I don't know if this is part of ic my urogyne says because I'm responding to the treatment icers would not is it urethral synodrome I guess I don't know what I exactly have however I'm careful with some acid foods because if my urethra is sensitive and how is it that it gets inflammed I don't know I usually eat and drink anything but since this recent episode again I'm careful. talk to you soon.

Comment

Mary Ann,
                  Do you have yeast relateed vulvodynia? I supposed you can't tolerate regular boric acid so your doctor tried the mix with cocoa butter> pelase let me know how it works? I couldn't tolerate boric acid anymore, just thinking about it hurst!
                  Do you know the exact recipe: how much boric acid, etc. GHow many times do you use it?
                  Please share.
                  UTIs since mid 2004
                  IC dx 3/2006
                  V V dx 12/2006

Current IC medications:
                  Cysta Q (since 5/07)

Comment

Working...
                  X