Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!

Hello:

I am desperate to find a doctor that specializes in Vulvodynia & Vestibulitis. scream My Uro suspects I have this problem and wants me to find a Gyno that can help. I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

It took me 2 years to get an IC diagnosis I don't want to experience the same grief again. For the last 2 weeks, I have been to the emergency, clinic twice, and my own GP 3 times. The pain is very bad and my pain medicine does not work for this pain.

I have a few leads on doctors (3) that practice in Canada but not in my own Province. I visited a Vulva support website that had a doctor list but to join it costs $40.00 to get to see the list.

Thank you,
    God bless, Yvonne

Please ck your private messages
    take care

Comment

grouphug grouphug Praying for you and sending you healing thoughts and healing prayers and gentle hugs. Hope you feel better soon.
      Hang in there , There is hope.
      There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Yvonne - I am sorry you are having such a rough time.

I have Vulvodynia and vestibulitis and know how miserable you must feel.

My uro basically diagnosed it and I did find one gyn that agreed but her treatment plan was to take Prosac and it would eventually get better. My uro referred me to a biofeedback clinician. She seems to be the place that the gyn's send their patients to with VV. So I guess I didn't need the gyn to get to the treatment. Biofeedback and Neurontin is helping. I hope this helps, Cindy

Comment

I insert lidocaine jets and I can't believe how much they help, and how fast. If I don't have the time to do it or the pain is too bad to mess with it I take the cheapest cough medicine with dextroethorphan in it. When I when for my pap last year I told my gyno what I was taking and he said it was find...it wasn't going to hurt me. I have even resorted to OTC creams with lidocaint or cortizon in them.

Wishing you the very very best kissing
          teri
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Hello my friends:

I have no treatment as of yet, still looking for a doctor but I will take your suggestions to my GP. This is a little frustrating as I took my complaints to my Gyno over the last 4 years. I went to him a few months ago with complaints and he blamed it on the IC despite the pain I complained about during my physical.

We really need to get the word out about Vulvodynia as well as IC, these doctors need educating.

Thank you, sending you all hugs,

grouphug kissing
            God bless, Yvonne

Comment

Hello:

I found a doctor in Vancouver. I am very happy, she works from the same hospital as my Urologist.

Hugs to all,
              God bless, Yvonne

Comment

Working...
              X