Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on?

Hi all,

I had a hydro last week and have felt pretty good except the last 4 days I have had horrible itching and buring down there. Kind of feels like a yeast infection but I have taken diflucan as well as monistat and nothing has helped! I dont' know what is up with this????? Now today I hurt so bad!!!! I just did a Nitrate test and it is positive. Now what? It is Saturday and I have NO antibiotics but I don't know if I want to take them anyway because of the yeast feeling thing. HELP??

Christina

"Faith precedes the Miracle"

Christina-
    I know that feeling! Can you call your doctor on call and get them to prescribe you something for it?? Maybe they can call you in some more Diflucan or if thats not possible, what about a walk in clinic? Hope this helps and you feel better soon!!
    Sorry you feel bad
    Stacey

Comment

Have you seen your gyn. to confirm a yeast or bacterial infection? Also, a couple weeks ago I was given meds for a vag. bacterial infection. I went to see my doctor yesterday because I still have itching and burning. There is no yeast or bacteria according to culture -- I think I have vulvodynia. All the symptoms I've been having add up. This occurs in combo with inflammatory problems of the urinary tract like IC. I just read an article at www.obgyn.net/CPP/articles/Cracchiolo_0499.htm that the lining of both vagina and bladder arise from the same tissue during fetal development; thus when one becomes inflamed, the inflammation may spread easily to the adjoining areas. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by christina:
      Hi all,

I had a hydro last week and have felt pretty good except the last 4 days I have had horrible itching and buring down there. Kind of feels like a yeast infection but I have taken diflucan as well as monistat and nothing has helped! I dont' know what is up with this????? Now today I hurt so bad!!!! I just did a Nitrate test and it is positive. Now what? It is Saturday and I have NO antibiotics but I don't know if I want to take them anyway because of the yeast feeling thing. HELP??

Comment

Hi Christina and Cecelia, This vulvodynia thing was a mystery to my ob-gyn. Had it for years off and on, mostly on. When I was finally diagnosed by a uro for IC, I did some research and discovered that it often goes along with it. I was RAW all the time. I have found that the IC diet not only helps IC, but also seems to help all that rawness and burning. In addition, I use an anti-itch hydrocortisone cream and a barrier so that my own urine won't burn me. Also, after I urinate, I reach over to the sink and wet the toilet paper with water and rinse myself off before wiping myself. All this has helped me SO MUCH!!! I do caution you to check with your doctor before using this over-the-counter cream, tho'. Believe me, if you haven't tried the IC diet and you try it for 48 hours, it will make a believer out of you! Good luck!!!

------------------
        kat
        Kat

Comment

Hi again Christina and Cecelia,
          Just a correction on above message...I meant to say I use the hydrocortisone cream AS a barrier (not AND a barrier) to protect my skin from the acid in my own urine. A friend of mine uses a spray bottle to rinse off after every time she urinates. It helped her a lot. Good luck!

------------------
          kat
          Kat

Comment

Working...
          X