Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Diane a question?

Hi Diane,
    I was curious what symptoms Dextromethorphan has helped with? I have Vulvodynia and my main symptom is non stop burning in the crotch and searching for a treatment to help with this. I am using Neurontin 900 mgs without much relief. I am desperate to put the fire out! Thanks!
    '
    Sincerely, Rene'
    lilac22362

The Dextro has helped with the constant burning. Now the burning is just about gone.

I was as surprised to find out that this worked as well as it did. As I said in my earlier post, I did my research on this and pain management because I was totally amazed that a cough medicine ingredient was being used for pain control.

If you decide to try this, It is best to talk to your medical care provider about this treatment plan.

Comment

Hi, I had the dreadful 'fire down below' and it turned out to be candida following several courses of antibiotics. The usual first line things such as canestan and Diflucan didn't work so I was put on Sporanox(Itrakonazole?spelling) two capsules twice a day for two weeks. Within a few days I was lots better. No more lying for hours in a tepid bath for relief or cold packs while at home. I hope this helps you.
      Best wishes, Janet

Comment

Just curious, did the dextro help with IC too or just vulvodynia? I never heard of this one and I'm an RN. I have both but VV and IC but the IC is worse currently.
        Dianne

My bellydance "sisters" , our dogs, and me.

Comment

Diane,
          I will be visiting my uro next week and am really interested in the use of dextomethorpan for help with burning from vulvodynia. I have not seen that mentioned on any of the Vulvodynia sites. I have both IC and dysethetic vulvodynia, mostly burning on the labia and wherever there is pubic hair. How special! I have tried all of the standard meds for the burning. Elmiron is keeping my IC somewhat controlled. I only have discomfort of the urethra, burning, pressure and no bladder pain. Anyway, if you could direct me specifically to the research sites for the dextro, and tell me what to search under I would appreciate it very much.
          Jean

Comment

I've been doing the dextro for about a week now and can't believe how much it helps! I take a tablespoon when I go to bed and then I wait for my body to talk when I get up to take it again. I too have tried everything out there and am soooooooooooooooo glad that Diane told us about this~
            teri
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Working...
            X