Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

website I mentioned on Clitoral priapism

Hi Everyone,
    When you get to the website I mentioned on Clitoral priapism look to your left hand side of the page an click on abstract.

Broken_Smile

Comment

Hi Broken smile
      Thanks for this information! I have been trying to figure out what the hell is going for a 2years now and I am still no confused as to why we are suffering with this strange pain!
      I also had a bladder infection then after 4 months of Cipro (antibiotics) I was left with this pain and IC!!! Surely this must have been caused by the infection???

I wasnt actually taking any medication before this started so not sure about the cause of the nerve damage! Unless it was the antibiotics that damaged the nerves?? My neurologist said that the most common cause of nerve damage/irratation is from infection and the nerves stay irratated! But why???!!!
      I just dont understand why the nerves dont settle down again!!! I have read about the Cipro and cant find anything that says it can cause nerve damage!
      God its so hard isnt it and I wish I could find away to help us all!
      I agree with you though Broken Smile we need to stick together to figure this out xx
      Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
      Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
      Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
      Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
      Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
      Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
      Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

Hey there, I did some searching on clitoral pain and it took me to this site #
        http://www.pudendal.info/

Also have a look at this website too http://vulvalpainsociety.org/index.htm
        Looks like what we have is more common than we realise
        xx

Comment

***Kisses to you both-kjd and Broken Smile. I wish we all lived near eachother so we could meet and go through this together--in the flesh! It is sooooooo hard to feel alone out here! My husband just tells me to see a shrink whenever I bring up my pain anymore. He's so tired of it--and who can blame him? We have been unable to have sex for over 3 months. I am really lucky in that I don't have to hold down a job anymore--there is NO WAY I could ever do it. With constant discomfort like this you just can't=can't push it out of your mind. So many family events have been ruined for me--I sit in pain and try to hide it while everyone around me is having a great time. That is how my sister's wedding went for me in Nov. My mom is coming for a visit in a few weeks and it will be hard for me to handle. Her husband ( my stepfather ) recently died painfully of cancer. My mom doesn't want to hear anything now but sunshine and flowers. I have tried to talk to her about this--but she doesn't want to hear it. Never heard of anything like this!
          ***Guess what....I had a terrible bloody uti right before this happened to! I was given bactrim--a sulfa antibiotic. At the time I was taking only birth control pills and premarin cream for vaginal dryness. Well, the bactrim gave me a allergic reaction--a rash all over my hips and thighs. Right after that it seemed my premarin cream was not helping me anymore. I had to use the max dose every night ( for 10 yrs I used the mini dose only 2 times a week. I at the time was in early menopause at age 39) . I was getting yeast infections every month ( at least I thought I was--they were not cultured ) and was using OTC yeast cream evey month. My Dr said it was time for HRT. So I went on Prempro. About one month in I got severe heartburn and was put on nexium ( which I still take ). The premarin cream was still not working and I was still getting yeast ( ?? ) infections. So my Dr gave me vagifem ( a pill estrogen replacement you insert vaginally ) and also diflucan to take monthly. She also gave me macrobid ( antibotic ) to take after sex..........hahahaha!!! I have only had to take one in the past 3 months!!! Then all of a sudden this clitorus pain began. My dr took a culture of my clit and vagina and said she thought it was yeast. I didn't. It felt diff. than anything I ever felt before. She gave me yeast cream and was going to send me on my way---but I was in such pain I demanded some lidocaine. So She gave me some ( I have 2% lido and it really does nothing for me ). Low and behold I was NEGATIVE for yeast. After that I had a hard time getting this dr to call me and tell me WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I went to another Dr ( they are all gynas ) and she kinda scolded me for not sticking with one dr!!! Even though that DR was NOT helping me!!! She was kind of nasty, but she did ask the right questions. She saw nothing outwardly wrong with me. But she did hear of vulvodynia--though she said she usually refers them for PT. So she put me on gabapentin--and that is where I am today. No formal diagnosis---no tests. So I just don't feel confident in her. I feel she will dump me if I don't respond right away to this medication. She is already the 4th Dr I saw ( I will spare the details of that!!! ). I feel a tiny bit better today--not that it will last.
          ***I just wanted to get my story out so you know something about me when we talk again. Stay on the boards---I need you guys!
          Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Premature ovarian faliure 1996-age 39
          Put on ortho novum 7/7/7 and premarin cream
          Began HRT Feb 2006
          Current meds:
          Estrace oral: 0.5 twice a day
          Prometrium 100mg bedtime
          premarin cream for vulva
          vagifem
          Aciphex 20mg
          diflucan monthly-stopped this July 2007-fingers crossed!!
          gabapentin 900mg-so far

Comment

PS I live in Arizona. I don't know how to add that to my posts!
            Began HRT Feb 2006
            Current meds:
            Prometrium 100mg bedtime
            premarin cream for vulva
            vagifem
            Aciphex 20mg
            gabapentin 900mg-so far

Comment

Hi Deb2!
              Dont worry I'm not going anywhere I will be staying on the forum as I need you guys too!
              without you I dont know what I do! I wish we all lived near each other too as it would be so nice if we could meet up and give each other the strength to get through this. I live in England and I dont know anyone else who suffers with this!!!
              I think your husband needs to be a little more understanding personally! He has no right to tell you to see a shrink! This is like he is suggesting its all in your head!!!!
              I didnt have sex for 12months and I know how hard it was for my partner but if he once suggested I saw a shrink I think I would have punched his lights out there and then! If I did live near you I would be having words with your husband and telling him not to say anything like that to you again!
              I know its hard for him too but he needs to understand its you who has to live like this and its you who has to suffer with the fear of being like this forever!
              As for your doctor, well I'm on my 4th doctor too and he is uesless! They just dont know what to do with me! I had thrush every months for about a year( well I thought it was thrush anyway) and they just looked at me as if I was mad when I told them about the clitoral pain!!!!
              I dont really talk to my family about it as thhye really dont understand me and try to change the subject! I know they care but they just dont understand and would rather pretend its not there! Well so would I but its us who has to sit there trying to smile and act normal!!!
              Unfortanately I have to work as we have no money so I dont have the choice! I have been know to scream and cry at my desk in pain but still not go home as I need the money! I take heat pads with me and sit on a cushion but it doesnt really help! I suffer with ME too so I have such bad fatigue.
              I even cry on a sunday as I know I have to go to work and I dont know if I can get through the day! But then I have to, dont I?!?!!
              I have to keep finding the money to pay for these doctors too!!!
              I hope you find a good doctor soon who understands you and you can be confident. I hope i do too :-(!!
              I know your mother is going through a bad time now and she must know how much you are hurting with this condition! Maybe she just cant cope to hear it now?! Maybe try talk to her in a month or so?
              Dont hide your pain though because its you at the end of the day and you cant change and why the hell should you hide your pain for others???
              Now you stay strong and fight this and we will get through this togther. Oh and next time your husband tell you to just go see a shrink you make sure you stand up for yourself and tell him your pain is REAL and YOU have to live with it! Oh and tell him if he had has to walk round with a painful/sore scrotum all day I am pretty sure he would be a 100 times worse than you are right now??!!!
              I am not saying he doesnt love you, I just think that our men can sometimes be inconsiderate and suggest that we are making a big deal out of nothing. Do you know what I mean??!!!
              You have a right to shout about it and make sure everyone is aware of how you feel because if we didnt we would go insane holding it all inside!!!!
              You take care, big hugs
              Kate

Comment

Nerve pain in clitoris

Hi all, I have had it too for years. May I suggest Lyrica for that pain. It REALLY helps alot! I hope you can try it. I do think it is linked to the pain and inflammation caused by the bladder and surrounding nerve tissue.

Marsha

Comment

tuazmom: How much lyrica do you take? Do you take it for clitoral pain? Have you tried gabapentin? That is what I am on right now.
                  Began HRT Feb 2006
                  Current meds:
                  Prometrium 100mg bedtime
                  premarin cream for vulva
                  vagifem
                  Aciphex 20mg
                  gabapentin 900mg-so far

Comment

Hi Everyone sorry I have not posted!

Hi everyone,
                    I am so disgusted because my clitoris got in such bad pain Saturday evening that I went to ER. I got there at 6:00 pm and did not get out of there until 4:00 am Sunday morning I got such a stupid doctor but he was at least nice. I didn't have a UTI which I am grateful. He did a pelvic exam and a pap smear took some swabs and sent them to the lab well everything came back normal. He was generous enough to give me pain medication in my IV before doing the exam. He said my clitoris looked great except I couldn't hardly stand for him to touch it. He did know that I was in pain though so he gave me some for pain medication which I so grateful. He told me he thought it was referred pain from my IC so ask him did they do rescue instill with the Lidocaine, Heparin and Soduim Bicarbonate he said no that he was not a urologist. I told him that my urologist let me instill them at home and I wasn't a urologist. I think he absolutley did not know about the resuce installation. There needs to be some way to educate these ER doctors to understand how to help an IC patient in a crisis. My urologist is over two hours away and the one in my town is a a*s. Then I finally ask him if it was a man with pain in his penis and that I was being serious that I was not joking what would they do for him he said well men did not really have these problems and the penis was just different. I thought to myself that IC male patients that have IC would beg to differ with him. I sure the male IC patients would be upset with a doctor to think that his penis could not hurt because he just though it didn't happen to men. I then thought I sure hope he never develops IC like some other men on this site have he would be in for a rude awaking to find out penis do have pain just like clitoris. I couldn't be mean so I kept those thoughs to myself because he was nice enough to help me with my pain which according to his test all coming back negative some ER doctor would just think you wanted drugs. He did not treat me like that so I guess maybe he was not so stupid but not educated on IC. He told me to follow up with my Urologist. He did give me 4 Percocet to take home and a prescription for 10 more even though I told him I had Lorcet he was nice enough to over something a little stronger. I guess I need to go I am rambling due to exhaustion. I will try to post as soon as I can again but been going through some bad pain. Love you all and I wish I could figure out the answers but if I find some help for this clitoris pain from Uro everyone hear will be the first to know.

Broken_Smile

Comment

help for pain

I thought this posted before, but I don't see it. Have you guys tried Lyrica? I it great for that kind of pain. If you want more info, I can give it to you.

Comment

***Yes I am interested in hearing about Lyrica. Have you used gabapentin??
                        Began HRT Feb 2006
                        Current meds:
                        Prometrium 100mg bedtime
                        premarin cream for vulva
                        vagifem
                        Aciphex 20mg
                        gabapentin 900mg-so far

Comment

Broken Smile: I'm sooooooooo sorry to hear how bad things got for you. To have to wait that long in the ER is insane. At least you got pain meds--but really-what is going on that no one can help us? I hope you feel better today.
                          ***My own situation has calmed down a bit more. BUt suddenly I have an earache in my right ear. Out of the blue. It says in the gabapentin side effects that earache is rare. So I wonder if it's related? I see the Dr tom. at least. BUt she is so nasty I would not doubt that she would refuse to look at it since it's not her field! ( she's a gyna ). Feel better!
                          Began HRT Feb 2006
                          Current meds:
                          Prometrium 100mg bedtime
                          premarin cream for vulva
                          vagifem
                          Aciphex 20mg
                          gabapentin 900mg-so far

Comment

So sorry that you ladies are hurting so much! My heart goes out to you. I have a ton of clitoral pain along with bladder pain and urethral pain. I was going to my OB almost daily a while ago. And there wasn't anything he thought it could be. I also got a CT scan which didn't show any results. I would also advice against getting one. Unfortunately, I just don't think it will help with a diagnosis. I literally thought my bladder would burst while I was getting mine because you have to drink tons of fluid.
                            I'm taking MS Contin (morphine sulphate) every day. I never really knew that others had this type of pain. It's just a constant feeling for me which makes it hard to even get up out of bed in the morning!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hi Everyone,
                              I tried neurotin and lyrica with no results but bad side effects. I wish it had worked for me. Those of you who can take it I am so glad it has worked for you. It is so nice to here from people that get relieve. You know the weird thing about IC is everybody has to find what works for them it is sad we just can't take the same things and get better it would be so much easier. Those of you who have not tried Neurotin and Lyrica it is worth giving it a try what do you have to lose and it maybe the very thing that helps you. I am still having clitoral pain today but not as bad as it was but still can't sit still. I am making an appointment to see Gyn tomorrow I found out this gyn has studied up on IC and does resuce installations. I hope it will not be to long of a wait to see him. I am going in and I am going to stress the horrible pain I have been have in clitoris and I am not going to leave until I get some kind of help. I was first considering going back to Uro but I got to thinking that is like a male gyn. I will just see my uro for the IC and try to use the gyn to help with the female side of this. IF this Gyn can't find the problem I am not giving up I am going to search high and low to find a gyn that can help. I can not live like this anymore. I appreciate all the support Debe2 and kdj it means the world to me I wish we could all get together. I love each and everyone of the IC patients on this forum. I will get back with all of you as soon as I can. Wishing everyone of you to find you answers.

Broken_Smile

Comment

Clitoral, uretheral suffering

Hi, just wanted to let you guys know that if you haven't tried Lyrica, please do try it. Give it some time and see if it doesn't help. It's worth the try.

Comment

Working...
                                X