X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaarrrggghhh
    replied
    Re: Sensations in the Clitorus

Yes me too. Mine started with this. It's nerve pain, so gaba, and ami will both help it. Lyrica too. Mine settled after I took a higher dose. Slowly increased from 10-60 mg. Sex bothers it if I don't climax. I need to otherwise it leaves me with an electrical tingling that is not nice but like ants crawling up there. I used to get a cue tip and hold it there foe some reason. Plus ice packs dull the pain right off. Try ICE PACKS. Believe me you'll be thanking me. good luck

Leave a comment:

• herbalkate
    replied

Wow. I had no idea anyone else was suffering from this or that it had anything to do with IC. I've had this clitoral pain off and on for years and never knew what it was until I read this thread. It lasts for a few days and feels like someone has stuffed large grains of rice under the clitoris and clitoral hood because it feels really hard and painful. I always assumed that maybe a feather popped out of the pillow I hold between my legs when I'm sleeping and poked my clitoris and irritated it. I have taken anti-inflammatories for it and sometimes put a little lidocaine jelly on it to get some relief. The lido helps to numb it. I don't know if the anti-inflammatory does or if it just something that settles on its own. Sitting in a tepid bath for a while can give relief sometimes but hot baths make it hurt worse, much worse. Loose clothing can prevent irritation of it rubbing against a seam or being irritated from the pressure from tight clothing. Sometimes it helps to lie down instead of sit because it prevents pressure from making it worse. Lying down, reading books and watching telly may not help it, per se, but it couldn't hurt. Besides, when you're having a flare, you deserve a break.

Leave a comment:

• tuazmom
    replied

Lyrica

Leave a comment:

• new&discouraged
    replied

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone find relief?

Leave a comment:

• new&discouraged
    replied

Hi miz sunshine, did you ever find relief?

Leave a comment:

• cem
    replied
    My gyno did the poke test today. I didn't think it would hurt, but YOWZA! I almost jumped off the table at one point!

She's trying me on a low, but increasing dose of Elavil (which is covered by my insurance, yay!) and also gave me lidocaine gel for intercourse.

Since I'm on a ton of medication now she really wanted us to practice a more strict form of birth control (we've just been using spermicide) but because of other health issues & family history I'm kinda limited. I'm not comfortable with the idea of an IUD so she prescribed the low dose pill. My insurance won't cover it up front, so I'm waiting to see if she can convince them it is necessary for me to start.

I broke down crying after the appointment. It's good I know what's wrong & can work on making myself feel better.... but I'm tired of all the things that keep seeming to go wrong with my body too.

I'm glad I have this board I can vent on. It's kinda like a hug some days!

Leave a comment:

• cem
    replied
    I put in a call to my doc today & he recommended going to my gyno. Normally she is really hard to get in to see, but when I mentioned pain & my doc wanting me seen they were able to schedule me for tomorrow!

Today was just horrid. I had a terrible flare, plus the VVS was awful & my lower back ached & since I'm on my period I had cramps too! Eek! Nothing seemed to help at first, but finally a warm bath, followed with baking soda (shaken, not stirred) and some stretching seemed to help.

I feel a ton better now, but I'm worried about going to work tomorrow. Luckily I only work 4 hours so I can leave if it is unbearable, I hope. Then off to the gyno!

Leave a comment:

• cem
    replied
    I knew it was an antifungal, but it is not helping. (I think the problem is that the women he's seen before who responded to this treatment probably had some form of yeast infection, therefore that would help them. I don't!)

I was going to wait for the script to end before calling him, but I don't know.

An ice pack still gives me the best relief of all. My Elmiron seems to finally be working some, so that really makes things a bit better. (So far it just makes me have to pee less, I still have pain, but I'm on my period now & it is far better than last month's was!)

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Some people with V do have yeast, but I do not think the Diflucan will help your V.. BTW Diflucan is a med to get rid of yeast..
    You need something that will calm the nerves of V.. Like Lyrica, Neurontin, Valium and some people have had great success with a low dose of Elavil..

Leave a comment:

• jodi.b
    replied
    Diflucan is a treatmentfor thrush.
    Regards
    Jodi.b

Leave a comment:

• cem
    replied
    I saw my doc today & he said what I described did sound like vulvodynia, especially since it seems triggered by exercise & sex.

He gave me a script to try Diflucam (or Diflucan?- can't read his writing). He said that he's had some success with that in other patients & wants me to give it a whirl.

Just curious if anyone else has tried that as a remedy!

Leave a comment:

• Krisssy
    replied
    Originally posted by cem View Post
    I think I might have vulvadynia. I went through the NVA tutorial online the other night & I'm going to print out a couple pages to take to my doctor when I see him in a couple weeks. I think I might have secondary VVS.

I was a virgin when I got married & our first sexual encounters were excruciating. We actually stopped the very first time because I started crying. Finally by the end of our honeymoon we had actually achieved intercourse, but basically only because I pretended like it didn't hurt much.

Later on I found that the only way for me to orgasm was for me to be in a completely relaxed state- either after a full body massage, or if I was so sleepy I didn't care about the pain. Looking back I think this may have been because I have vulvadynia & it was just not surfacing enough for me to notice it being a major deal.

Lately I've noticed a searing pain from time to time on the right side of my vulva, almost similar to nerve damage. It's brief, but quite painful. The other pain is a throbbing sensation, usually brought on by vigorous exercise or direct sexual stimulation. I've found that ice packs will help this type of pain to some extent.

I am unsure exactly how to talk to my doctor about this. He referred me to the urologist for the IC, and I won't see her for at least another month. I'm hoping maybe he can recommend something at least until then.
    Oh that throbbing sensation I know so well-I think I brought it on by working on the treadmill daily a year ago-never went away. Presently after all the doctors, medications etc. etc., I am finding that ICE ICE ICE helps especially lying down with a meditation tape or sitting on it nice and HARD while on my computer keeping my head busy. I am also practicing living with and accepting it and not crying and fighting it everyday. My PT taught me that, and it works even though it sounds crazy. But this whole thing is crazy, so try it. You never know. Krisssy
    Last edited by Krisssy; 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• cem
    replied
    Thanks, leelee!

I printed the explanations of the two types of V off of the NVA website. I'm just going to give it to my doc & tell him that I think I might have it & I'm wondering if he can give me a script for the lidocaine gel for some comfort til I see my Uro next month.

I also printed off a copy of a low oxalate diet & that has helped somewhat.

Tho, today I had a really bad episode of pain & couldn't seem to find any trigger for it. I just had to lay down with an ice pack finally. I don't know what I would have done if I had been at work!

Does vulvodynia get worse during periods? I noticed that my IC was extremely bad the last time I had a period & mine is coming shortly. Maybe that had something to do with it.

It's just nice to know I'm not the only one... cuz some days I feel so alone!

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    cem, I go to my GYN for my vulvodynia and she is a woman.. I found it a lot easier to talk to a woman about this..

It does sound like V that you have..Next time you see a dr ask for Lidocaine Gel 2% this really helps after intercourse of just when you are flaring..

If you do a search on Vulvodynia you will find some helpful info on it..

Or if you have any questions you are welcome to PM me..

Leave a comment:

• cem
    replied
    I think I might have vulvadynia. I went through the NVA tutorial online the other night & I'm going to print out a couple pages to take to my doctor when I see him in a couple weeks. I think I might have secondary VVS.

I was a virgin when I got married & our first sexual encounters were excruciating. We actually stopped the very first time because I started crying. Finally by the end of our honeymoon we had actually achieved intercourse, but basically only because I pretended like it didn't hurt much.

Later on I found that the only way for me to orgasm was for me to be in a completely relaxed state- either after a full body massage, or if I was so sleepy I didn't care about the pain. Looking back I think this may have been because I have vulvadynia & it was just not surfacing enough for me to notice it being a major deal.

Lately I've noticed a searing pain from time to time on the right side of my vulva, almost similar to nerve damage. It's brief, but quite painful. The other pain is a throbbing sensation, usually brought on by vigorous exercise or direct sexual stimulation. I've found that ice packs will help this type of pain to some extent.

I am unsure exactly how to talk to my doctor about this. He referred me to the urologist for the IC, and I won't see her for at least another month. I'm hoping maybe he can recommend something at least until then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X