X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angeles
    replied
    Biofeedback

Oh Ok. I've tried to do this in Physical Therapy but ended up not being able at teh moment due to yeast infections. The device is like a tampon with a cord that is conected to a computer. You can also rent a smaller device that you connect to the cord and try to do kegles and this way help the pelvic floors. The porblem with kegles is that 1) I can't do them. 2) they send me into a horrible flare. So I'm not too thrilled about my little experience with PT and bifedback. I wonder if Dr Galzer uses a different technique than kegles. I may try again when I get rid of teh currect irritation I have .
    I got a small vibrator that my p therapist told me to use. I haven't yet. Maybe that would be a little less traumatic that the kegles, besides there's controversy about kegles and PDF.

Leave a comment:

• riag
    replied
    no it is not surgery. I believe it is a form of biofeedback. YOu insert a vaginal sensor and it gives readings of the spasms of the muscles of your pelvis. Supposedly, then they show you how to control these spasms of the muscles through biofeedback therapy. This is supposed to relieve the pelvic, vaginal and vulva pain.

Leave a comment:

• Angeles
    replied
    Are you referring to the surgery?

Leave a comment:

• Tip and IBS
    replied
    Does it heal constipation?

I beleive vulvodynia may in fact be a symptoms of bad digestion.

Leave a comment:

• riag
    started a topic glazer protocol

glazer protocol

Has anyone tried the glazer protocol pelvic floor therapy? I have fibromyalgia, irritable bowel and vulvodynia caused by pelvic floor spasms. I am presently taking 10 mg of nortriptlyine for the vulvodynia and 2mg of valium 3x a day for the spasms. these meds have helped me greatly, however, ido not want to stay on them , especially valium, for the rest of my life. I had read Dr. Glazer's book and the therapy sounds interesting. Supposedly it has been very successful.

Has anyone out there tried it and how were your results?
Working...
X