Which soap dosen't cause dryness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which soap dosen't cause dryness?

I've found that soap in general cause me pubic dryness.I want to evoid that as much as possible especially with irritable bowel on top of sexual sensitivity.

Here's an old thread about soaps. I don't know that they were thinking dryness as much as just general irritation, but it might be helpful:

http://www.ic-network.com/forum/arch...p/t-28283.html
    Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Cetaphil.
      Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
      I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
      Source - Pinterest
      "

Current treatments:
      -IC diet
      -Elavil 50mg at night
      -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
      -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
      -Pyridium if needed,
      -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
      -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
      -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
      -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
      -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
      -Managing stress= VERY important!
      -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Hello Tip. I wear contacts and was told by my Eye Doctor to only use Ivory soap as it leaves no residue behind once rinsed off. I'm thinking eyes are as sentive as the other places we are concerned about. I'm sure no expert. Hugs, Ziggy

Comment

I agree with cetaphil. I have a soap allergy, and I can genuinely say that cetaphil is wonderful down there. Its the only thing I can tolerate.

Comment

I use dove soap, the sensitive skin one. I've never had a problem with that soap. It doesn't leave you with that dry itchy feeling. Your skin feels fresh and moisterised after the shower.
            ***Rachel***

Dance like no one is watching
            Love like you've never been hurt
            Live today like it's your last

Dxd with IC in June '06

Comment

Cetaphil

I vote for Cetaphil also, it is very, very mild. I prefer to just use the shower head and let it run over the vulva, so just clear water for me.
              Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
              Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Another vote for Cetaphil.

Comment

Dove sensitive skin or regular Dove

Comment

you dont really need soap! i know this sounds gross, but hear me out. Often, plain warm water does the trick. i mean, use your hands to umm...you know, like you would a wash cloth, and just rinse really well. i still wash my butt with soap, ha ha, because i dont think just plain water would work for that, but on the other parts, i can get away wiht warm water! sometimes, because its soothing, i pour water on myself throughout the day as well.
                    diagnosed IC Jan 2007 (though i feel i've had it mildly for years)
                    frequent UTIs
                    No frequency, just urgency and pain!

tramadol 50mg twice a day. this stuff works good for nerve pain!!!! (update, i'm down to mostly one pill a day now!)

Physical Therapy. if you have pelvic nerve pain or muscle pain, its worth a try. it helped me with the constant burning.

TENS may help a little

Cystoprotek might be helping as well. i'm getting better as time goes on and this could be why.

fish oil, herbal teas, skullcap (might try passionflower for nerves) I'm not very diet sensitive.

Went OFF elavil and nortryptiline (worked wonders, but didnt like the weight gain)

Comment

dove works great! my husband has sensitive skin and it is the only one he can use
                      mom to 3 wonderful kids

IC symptoms 7/03,
                      hysterectomy 11/04,
                      prolapse cervix 7/07
                      diagnosed: IC 2007
                      IBS 2008

Comment

Yeah i will try Cetaphil.

Comment

Where do you get cetaphil?
                          I use dove sensitive skin, it is soap free, and unscented. It seems ok for me but I'd like to try Cetaphil...
                          Laser cervical surgery after abnormal pap (moderate dysplasia) in 3/2004
                          UTIs since mid 2004
                          Recurrent yeast infections since mid 2005
                          IC dx 3/2006
                          V V dx 12/2006
                          Other conditions: IBS, allergies, dry eyes.

Current IC medications:
                          Elavil (since 12/06) 10 mg;
                          Cysta Q (since 5/07)
                          Rephresh acid jel every 3 days
                          D-mannose, fish oil, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamins & garlic pills (sometimes)
                          Probiotics Femdophilus or other brands
                          Gy-Na-Tren for yeast infections (started using it as needed since 2010)
                          Other Rx:Omeprazole 20mg; benadryl as needed, Restasis

Past Meds and why I stopped them:
                          Elmiron: March to September 2006: headaches
                          Lyrica:2 weeks in 2006: headaches
                          Cystoprotek: from Jan to April 2007: nausea

Femcon Fe (2/07 to 10/07):caused spotting/bleeding
                          BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

You can get Cetaphil at basically any drugstore. In my area its usually on the bottom shelf. Some stores will have their own "knock off brand" which I'll buy instead as cetaphil CAN be expensive. You can buy their cleanser, (its not soap) which comes in liquid form or bars and you can buy a cetaphil lotion. I have the liquid cleanser and the lotion on hand.

http://www.cetaphil.com/

My dermatologist recommended it, and its really the only cleanser I can tolerate with a soap allergy. I also use unscented coldcream for my face to get make up off, though.

Comment

I used to buy the knock-offs, but they're really watered down, so Cetaphil is a better buy. If you're not sure you'll like it, try the knock-off to see if it works for you, but I find the name-brand is thicker and easier to work with - it doesn't run all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X