Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sex in the city.....charlotte vulvodyina!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex in the city.....charlotte vulvodyina!!!

Hi there ladies!

Any sex in the city fans out there???!!!

Well I only just watched this episode yesterday (series 3) and charlotte was diagnosed with vulvodynia!

I was so excited to see it on TV as its getting awareness out there with the everday public as still so many people struggle to get correct diagnosis!!

Anyway has anyone seen it? She thinks she has thrush and went to her gyno!

They put her on elavil and give her some trimetheprim steroid cream and she is cured withing one episode.....amazing!!!

She still managed to go around shagging half of new york city and going out drinking everynight having a normal life....she didnt get any side effects at all!!

So how come I have been suffering for 2 years??!!!

xx
    Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
    Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
    Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
    Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
    Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
    Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
    Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

wow, didn't know it was on there
    ohh, what a trivial way to tackle that so that it looks like it is easy to treat. but still good that it was at least mentioned

kjd, what do u do for vulvodynia? I think I have it now as have increased burning and irritation from when i wear different knickers, from different trousers etc - need to live in certain joggers and trousers in a size too big- even tight joggers kill and if I sit in a position that makes trousers tight- same burning as well as with many sanitary towels.
    I find a pad helps the area - the padding seems to help but only tena type and they are way too expensive!

i totally think symptoms can 'add' on after time- had IC for 2+ years and only now got these symptoms. I'm so scared of what is next - I'm terrified of leaking as already my symptoms are so severe some days I cannot even make a meal or wash..or that is the only activity I do do in a day!

sorry for the moan...

hmmm, wonder if the doctor can prescribe this steroid cream - vagisil flares me big time....too much stuff in it I think!
    IC diagnosis: Aug 2005
    Symptoms: Urgency, urge and irritation and urethral symptoms
    Flareup for 1 year til July 2007 (had constant urge and pain et al....)

Elmiron 100mg 3x daily April 2006 - present
    Enablex 7.5mg nightly Sep 2007 -present
    Atarax, Elavil 10mg nightly (Dec 2007)
    Acupuncture - November 2007 - present

(Past meds for IC- Cystistat, Elavil 30mg, Ditropan, long term a/bs, Prednisolone, Cimetidine, Neurontin)

Comment

I guess thats TV for you...lol
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Funny. I saw that episode a long time ago, a few years ago when I didn't have IC nor Vulvodynia. I remember I thought to myself what the in world is that?
        Then I saw the episode again after I was dx with VV and I sure know what it is now....
        Anyway, although that was presented in a kind of "insensitive" way... the positive side is that at least it was mentioned.
        Laser cervical surgery after abnormal pap (moderate dysplasia) in 3/2004
        UTIs since mid 2004
        Recurrent yeast infections since mid 2005
        IC dx 3/2006
        V V dx 12/2006
        Other conditions: IBS, allergies, dry eyes.

Current IC medications:
        Elavil (since 12/06) 10 mg;
        Cysta Q (since 5/07)
        Rephresh acid jel every 3 days
        D-mannose, fish oil, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamins & garlic pills (sometimes)
        Probiotics Femdophilus or other brands
        Gy-Na-Tren for yeast infections (started using it as needed since 2010)
        Other Rx:Omeprazole 20mg; benadryl as needed, Restasis

Past Meds and why I stopped them:
        Elmiron: March to September 2006: headaches
        Lyrica:2 weeks in 2006: headaches
        Cystoprotek: from Jan to April 2007: nausea

Femcon Fe (2/07 to 10/07):caused spotting/bleeding
        BCP:Loestrin (since Ocotber 2007) to stop spotting for 2 months. V V worse. Stopped the pill in Nov 07.

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it"

Comment

Working...
        X