Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for new to VV

Hi,

I've always gotten good help here. I may or may not have IC—no definite diagnosis. I have had urethral burning since July 04. It went away for a year plus and then returned in July 2007, about 2 weeks after the onset of a severe vulvar itch.

Well, after getting antibiotics for bacteria after my OB/GYN saw inflammation, I requested to see a urogyn. I finally saw him yesterday. He confirmed that he can SEE inflammation and some ulceration. I was prescribed steroid cream and diflucan every other day. If that does not work, I need to have a biopsy.

He treats many VV patients, but he never mentioned it as a possibility, though I did get the very painful Q-tip test. Does VV ever cause ulcerations? Other than diet, is there anything I can do for the pain?

Thanks in advance for any help/wisdom others can share

hello

I am so sorry, I don't know much about this! But I do hope you feel so much better soon! I am sure others will be able to help!!! here's an please feel and soon!!!
    Love is a fruit in season at all times, within reach of every hand. ~ The Blessed Mother Teresa

Status: Diagnosed October 2006 via cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Max anesthetized bladder capacity only 250 cc's. Mast cells and pinpoint bleeding found.

Remission for me means less pain for more days than not. Frequency is inevitable with a bladder this tiny! That is ok though. The difference between when I was diagnosed and now, is that I have embraced that fact. Me and the loo, we are one.

Comment

unwanted discharge

I am just getting over a yeast infection. Two weeks ago I had the interstim implanted, and given an antibiotic. Within 8 days, yeast infection. This happens to me everytime I take antibiotic. I continued taking the 3 times a day pill for a total of 15 days. Saw URO on Tuesday and confirmed it was yeast due to antibiotic. I have taken the one day only pill and am improving. I was thinking it was my badder leaking which was disappointing with the new interstim, but that wasn't the discharge. Interstim was perfect answer to my 15 year leaking problem and I hope it continues. Wish you obtain the right answere for you. sue
      Attached Files

Comment

My guess is he will wait for the yeast meds to do there thing and if you still have the pain with the q-tip test, he will take a biopsy and then diagnose you with VV.

Vitamin E (only in the capsules) just poke a hole in a capsule and apply to the area helps to sooth the skin. It worked wonders for me, didnt heal me totally but took away the pain. You can also rinse with a wash bottle after urination to help with the stinging.

It sounds like your tissue is really inflamed, probably the antibiotic for the bacteria depleted all your good bacteria as well as the bad and now the yeast has gained control.

You can also look into taking probiotics (just do a search on here) and you should find some info on yeast and probiotics.

I hope the diflucan starts to help....hang in there.

Lyme disease diagnosed 11/05
        vulvar vestibulitis diagnosed 2/06 -worst case she has ever seen..very bad.
        IC diagnosed with hydro/cysto- may 17, 2006

Over growth of lactobicilli found 8/07 treating with doxy.

Was able to get my first internal exam evaluation for PFD....wohoo 1/18/07:woohoo:

8/22/07- was able to get my first speculum exam, with pap

Strep D found in bladder with United medical labs May 2006
        2 strains of strep in stool culture 9/06
        high Strep ASO titre found 10/06

NEW MED

Capsasin cream-once a day for 20min,
        BUt wont lie it does burn

About to start valium supositories for PFD

Trigger point injections- oct 07

Current meds:
        Neurontin- 100mg at night supposed to work up to 300mg if i can tolerate it
        Zanaflex 2mg
        IC and low oxalate diet, no sugar diet
        Xanax for appointments to help relax me since they cause so much pain

Started PT 3/07, PT has really helped me in ways I never knew that it would

Meds ive tried
        Lyrica
        Klonopin
        Singulair
        Claritin
        Pyridium
        Soma- can barely tolerate half a pill
        Atropine cream- didnt seem to work, although i found out I was applying the creams wrong
        Estradiol cream
        Urelle- caused worse bladder spasm and retention

Various antibiotics for lyme which caused yeast and made the IC and VV worse

waiting for the next chronic illness to pop up

"Did you know?
        Every 15 seconds,
        a person is
        diagnosed with
        interstitial cystitis."
        Source: J. Dimitrakov, MD

Comment

I also get little cracks that bleed on the vulva area at times and also had a lot of pain with the Q tip test. They said I likely had VV and also I was told by one doc that it could possibly be the start of LP(lichen planus) or LS(lichen sclerosis). I hope you get some relief soon.
          Jen

Comment

Vv

Lichen Sclerosis can cause little cuts on the vulva that burn. I have L.S., but it's in remission right now. I do also have Vulvar Vestibulitis though. A lot of women with L.S. or Vestibulitis use emu oil. It's a very soothing anti-inflammatory. I use it and it helps when I feel dry. You can order it online or find it at a health food store.

Comment

thanks all

These tips and thoughts really help. I may get the biopsy sooner rather than later. Thought it might hurt worse now, why wait untill it's not easy to see the inflamed tissue, right?

Not looking forward to it though. Ouch. I told him I did not think lidocaine would be enough.

Comment

Working...
              X