Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angeles
    replied
    Emla cream numbs the skin, + oral pain med + cold pack will give you relive.
    I have also had some V V right before and during my period this time, it think it was b/c of yeast. I take diflucan 2 days before my period and most of the time it does the "trick". This time I think I already had some yeast so diflucan only was not enough this time....
    take it easy.

Leave a comment:

• icbop
    replied
    Thanks ladies!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    A friend once told me that if she wet a tea bag and placed it on the irritated spot, it gave her some relief.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    A few practical suggestions...

Hi icbop,
    1. My doctor prescribed me some lidocaine gel for external use when I have a vulvodynia flareup. That helps some.
    2. Cool compresses help also.
    3. A lot of IC patients cannot tolerate Advil, so just be aware while using it if your symptoms increase...
    4. Do you have one of the chair cushions that relieve pressure on the vulva? That might be helpful as well. They are available in the ICN shop linked at the top of this page.
    5. Also available in the ICN shop is a little bottle to rinse after or during urination which can reduce irritation to the skin.
    6. Certain foods, usually those high in oxalates, can increase vulvodynia symptoms. I find blueberries & spinach to be the biggest offenders for me, but have learned that if I take a calcium citrate tablet with them, I can "get away" with those foods in small amounts. Calcium citrate neutralizes oxalates, but be sure to get a brand without added colorants or preservatives. I get mine at a health food store. A lot of vulvodynia patients find some relief in following a low oxalate diet. Google it

Hope you are feeling better soon--

Leave a comment:

• icbop
    started a topic tips for short-term pain reduction?

tips for short-term pain reduction?

Hello,

I am in a 2 day vulvodynia flare-up. THis is really disappointing, bc I have my period, and I almost always get a complete break from the vulvodynia then.

At work today I was close to tears. I am on a steroid cream right now to see if it will work--so far no luck. I went out and bought a sitz bath and Aveeno. Yesterday I tried vitamin E. I took advil as well, and a prosed DS (just to see of controlling any bladder spasms might help). So far nothing's working.

Do any of you have any tips on how to get at least some relief right away?

I can see the angry redness, but I'm still not sure which type of vulvodynia I have.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Working...
X