Vulvodynia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulvodynia

Hi my name is Irene Moreno and for the past 4 years I've been suffering from Vulvodynia. Can somebody please give me a list of Vulvodynia doctors in Calfornia. I'd really appreciate it ladies.

Thank you very much

Irene Moreno:

vulvar disorders

There is also a vulvadynia web site with a lot of information on it, you might check that out. Ask some of your local Gynos for a name?
    Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
    Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Vulvodynia and Ultracet

Hello,

I have had IC and vulvodynia now for two years, since I had a uterine ablation. I have been through numerous doctors, tests, drugs, ... and here's what is working best for me for the vulvodynia: Ultracet, Nupracainal cream applied directly, and walking. Nothing ever gets rid of the vulvodynia, but these things give me temporary relief. Recently, I met an herbalist that prepares a tea (herbs for inflamation) for the IC. I have been drinking it for two weeks now. She says it takes up to a month to work; we'll see. There is always hope. I've stopped taking the Elmiron to be certain one is not working over the other.

Comment

From this site: http://www.vulvodyniasupport.com/index.html I'm not entirely sure but these may be some Doctors you could call to see if they can help you with Vulvodynia.....

Judy Corkhil Allergist and Dr. Martin Alpine Family Practice 2155 South Avenue #30 South Lake Tahoe, CA. (530) 542-5740

Helena Women's Health Clinic Palo Alto and San Francisco, CA (650) 833-7900 www.helenahealth.com

Dr. Keith DeOrio, 1821 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100, Santa Monica CA 90403 (310) 828-3096, www.drdeorio.com

Vivian Dickerson, 8631 W 3rd St #510E, Cedars Sinai Med Ctr, Los Angeles, CA 90048 or UCI OB/GYN Clinic, 200 S. Manchester Ave, # 600 Orange, CA 92868 (714) 456-2911

Dr. Hanusek, GYN, 15243 Vanowen St., Van Nuys, CA 91405 (818) 781-2330

Vivian Dickerson, 8631 W 3rd St #510E, Cedars Sinai Med Ctr, Los Angeles, CA 90048 or UCI OB/GYN Clinic, 200 S. Manchester Ave, # 600 Orange, CA 92868 (714) 456-2911

Last edited by Kara29; 06-23-2007, 04:07 AM. Reason: addition of website
        Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

"One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at:
        http://karasnewblog2008.blogspot.com/ and http://icnkaralynn.blogspot.com/

Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kara29 View Post
          From this site: http://www.vulvodyniasupport.com/index.html I'm not entirely sure but these may be some Doctors you could call to see if they can help you with Vulvodynia.....

Judy Corkhil Allergist and Dr. Martin Alpine Family Practice 2155 South Avenue #30 South Lake Tahoe, CA. (530) 542-5740

Helena Women's Health Clinic Palo Alto and San Francisco, CA (650) 833-7900 www.helenahealth.com

Dr. Keith DeOrio, 1821 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100, Santa Monica CA 90403 (310) 828-3096, www.drdeorio.com

Thank you so much Kara. I've been looking for a long time now for a doctor that might be able to help me. I can only thank god my son brought me to the Vulvodynia forum. My suffering has really hurt him deeply. The addresses you gave me have saved my life. I'll be going to see them this Monday. I'm sorry I didn't respond to your message sooner. I need my son to help me get into the Vulvodynia forums. And he was the one who opened up a profile for me in this room. Today (Sunday) is one of my worst days suffering with Vulvodynia. So I'll be signing out.

Thank you so much

Irene Moreno
          Vulvodynia Sufferer

Comment

Originally posted by msjennas View Post
            Hello,

I have had IC and vulvodynia now for two years, since I had a uterine ablation. I have been through numerous doctors, tests, drugs, ... and here's what is working best for me for the vulvodynia: Ultracet, Nupracainal cream applied directly, and walking. Nothing ever gets rid of the vulvodynia, but these things give me temporary relief. Recently, I met an herbalist that prepares a tea (herbs for inflamation) for the IC. I have been drinking it for two weeks now. She says it takes up to a month to work; we'll see. There is always hope. I've stopped taking the Elmiron to be certain one is not working over the other.
            Dear mjennas

Thank you so much for your reply. Have the Herbs helped you out so far? I took down the information you gave me for my disease Ultracet, Nupracainal cream. I'm praying that'll do the trick? I also got a list of Doctors in California who specialize in Vulvo. I've been looking for that for a very long time. Today. (Sunday) I'm suffering my worst day with this disease. So I'll be signing out early. Thank you again so much for your help. I'm also still learning how to put the computer on, so I can send messages in the room my son found for me.

You've been a real help.

Irene Moreno
            Vulvo Sufferer
            Last edited by anglico2024; 07-01-2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Vulvodynia

What part of California are you in? I'm in San Diego. Sorry you're suffering. I was actually painfree today, but I have a large kidney stone that I have to get rid of. Hope your Sunday will be better. Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Barryssis View Post
                What part of California are you in? I'm in San Diego. Sorry you're suffering. I was actually painfree today, but I have a large kidney stone that I have to get rid of. Hope your Sunday will be better. Sue
                Hello Barryssis

I'm so happy theres somebody who lives in California. Most of our members live back east. I live in Westchester Calfornia. I live near the LA Airport. Anyway, today I'm having a better day, but yesterday my Vulvo was horrible. I have my good days and my bad days. I mostly have bad days everyday, but I do get a break sometimes from this disease. Tomorrow I'm going to a Wilshire Blvd Vulvo doctor and I'm praying I can get some relief? I'll let you know what they told me. Anyway. Thank you for caring. And I hope your Vulvo's under control now. Please keep me informed about your condition.

Irene Moreno
                Vulvo Sufferer.

Comment

Hi Irene: I was born and raised in L.A. and we hope to move back there when my husband retires. That won't be soon enough for me. Let me know how that Dr. is. I was fine yesterday, but was kind of uncomfortable today. It could be b/c I ate some chocolate cake last night. I hate having to give up my favorite food group. lol. Good luck and keep in touch. Hugs, Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X