Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skybluesoul
    replied
    I'm not sure what ABG cream is. I use compounded ketamine, lidocaine, and gabapentin cream. (guess maybe I should put that in my signature too!) I used vaginal valium (10 mg suppositories) for about a year and a half very effectively. My pelvic floor is much better now (thankfully!), so I mostly rely on oral valium at a much lower dosage. Now I'll only use a suppository after intercourse, or if I'm feeling really tight or spasm-y.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Ok thanks!

is it the ABG cream you use? and how is the vaginal valium going for you?

Claire

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Claire,

I've tried several creams before this one, and I've seen the best progress (though very slow) with this one. If you want to know what else I tried, I can try to remember, lol. Anyway, the cream has helped dramatically with the redness and inflammation I used to have. I've been using it for almost a year now, I think. I still have some pain when touched, so during sex I generally use lidocaine ointment. The pain is much less though than it used to be. The cream costs $55 for a little bottle. The paperwork says it's a 30 day supply, but I make it last much longer than that, usually about 3 months. Luckily, my insurance covers most of the cost, and I end up paying only $11 for it. I'm hoping that stays the same since I got new insurance recently, but I'll see when I have to reorder it.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Amanda could you please tell me how much you pay for the compound cream and how it is working for you? We don't have the nerve meds compounded here in Australia yet.

Thanks,

Claire

Originally posted by skybluesoul View Post
    Everyone has given you great suggestions so far. If you don't have pain all the time, it's probably not vulvodynia. I have vulvar vestibulitis, so I only get pain when the glands on my vulva are touched. I use lidocaine before sex, and also am treating it with a compounded cream (ketamine, lidocaine, and gabapentin). Has a doctor ever done a q-tip test on you? That would be a good way to figure out if you have what I have.

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    Mine started with pain after sex only and the within 2 weeks progressed to pain 24/7. If it is just with sex has anyone suggested PT?

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Everyone has given you great suggestions so far. If you don't have pain all the time, it's probably not vulvodynia. I have vulvar vestibulitis, so I only get pain when the glands on my vulva are touched. I use lidocaine before sex, and also am treating it with a compounded cream (ketamine, lidocaine, and gabapentin). Has a doctor ever done a q-tip test on you? That would be a good way to figure out if you have what I have.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    No I had the problems all the time.

I so far have only applied the evening primerose oil on the outside but I would not be afraid to apply inside, it is quit soothing and I think helps heal.

MG

Leave a comment:

• OutdoorGirl
    replied
    Hi Mothergoose, when you were younger you only had problems after sex? It wasn't 24/7? And then over time it got worse? Do you put the Vit E oil up inside? I've also heard about Evening Primrose Oil, have you heard anything about that?

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I had the same problems when I was your age and it took till a few years ago to get a diagnoses, after a while I finally just lived with it and quite telling Dr's or I may have been diagnosed earlier.

For me I changed laundry soap, I use tide old kind, no perfumes or scented soaps, only cotton bottoms, when at home I wear PJ bottom, sweats or boxers. when dressed i no longer wear underwear this helped a lot, it OK a bit of getting used too, but now I would not go back.

I apply vit E oil daily, if my skin is bad I use an Rx hemorrhoid cream 4x's a day and alternate with vit E, I also use lidocaine ont in 5%, it comes in a gel 2% but the ont stay in place better and works longer, it stings quit a bit when you first apply but that settles down fairly quickly and then numbs everything.

This topic has been discussed quite a bit, search Vulvodynia and you will find lots of things to read about it and other tips other have found that work for them.

Britza has some good posts about it.

Hope this helps you MG

Leave a comment:

• OutdoorGirl
    replied
    New symptom

Hi Claire, thanks for the response. This is the strange part, I dont have pain 24/7, unless its after sex. If I'm not sexually active, I feel fine. If I am, then the pain can be 24/7 but after time it'll go away. Also, I have a new symptom. I dont know if its related but I have a strange tingly, bruised feeling all on the right side of my stomach. It feels like a bruise but there are no marks, no bumps, no rash, no anything! And it's just on my skin, its not a muscle soreness. Has anyone experienced this? Do you think its related?

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    I have vulva pain 24/7 but there is a lot of redness after sex, nobody can really explain why. This happens if we do or don't use condoms. Sometimes I feel sore after sometimes I don't. But I have had a lot of pt. I have been dx with vulvodynia.

Warm baths, ice, vit e oil all help. Relaxing the pelvic floor prior to sex seems to help I think if the muscles cramp up it just makes the irritation and burning worse. Non latex condoms are best for us.

Any questions PM me

Claire

Leave a comment:

• OutdoorGirl
    replied
    Hi Pammylynn, thanks for the response. I have used condoms before and I've found no difference. I've also had a few different long-term relationships where we sometimes used condoms and sometimes didn't (I know its super bad!).

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Another thought --- if you're using condoms --- some people are allergic to latex. Has anyone looked at the possibility it might be an allergic reaction?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• greeneyes
    replied
    My daughter is allergic to her husbands sperm or fluid, she gets sever cramping as well, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    I don't know much about the condition, so I can't help you with that... but I remember watching a show where someone was allergic the their partners fluids. It sounds like you might be having an allergic reaction possibly??
    Maybe you can try using a condom and see if you get the same irritation?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X