Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eline
    replied
    Hi Donna -thanks, but this is not the first doctor I've tried, and I've shared my concerns about IC with him, but he feels the problem is muscular and related to the urethra (this might be true).

I've never done a q-tip test. I wouldn't really know where to press, but I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you aren't feeling comfortable with what you're being told, you might want to consider a second opinion --- or you could ask your current urologist about interstitial cystitis as a possible diagnosis for you. One think you might do is to give the IC diet a try. You'll find the latest food list at the link in my signature below.

Sending healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    I have vulvar vestibulitis, and what I guess you'd consider a very sensitive urethra. Has anyone ever done the "q-tip test" on you? You can do it yourself too. Basically, if you have VV, you will experience pain when the q-tip touches the glands around your vagina.

I usually use lidocaine before sex, since I only experience discomfort when the area is touched.

Leave a comment:

• Eline
    started a topic Vulvar vestibulitis?

Vulvar vestibulitis?

After an incredibly painful urodynamics, my urologist thinks I have either Fowler's syndrome - a rentention problem, I guess - or vulvar vestibulitis. I had to Google both, but neither makes much sense to me.

The main reason why he's thinking about vestibulitis, is that I told him that I don't have sex during flares, because it hurts. And sometimes sex seems to be a trigger.

But:
    - the pain is located in the urethra, not in the vagina (today it seemed the pain was mostly in the urethral sphincter)
    - I can have normal sex when not flaring
    - When I wasn't sexually active, I was having flares as well
    - Even when flaring, I can have sex, it's just not that comfortable

My symptoms are mostly pain in the urethra and a high frequency when flaring. They get worse with drinking alcohol and wearing tight jeans.

How does all of this sound to you?
Working...
X