Anyone try Alprazolam .25mg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try Alprazolam .25mg?

Doc gave this to me a while back and it is supposed to be for nerves but I can only take it at bed time. I have the hydroxyzine so wondering if they both work the same?

It's Xanax, and it's a benzodiazepine. Vistaril/atarax/hydroxyzine is an antihistamine, BUT it is also used for anxiety in people that are sensitive to benzos like pregnant women, and others. You might want to ask your doctor if you can take a smaller dose (half a pill?) during the day and the hydroxyzine at night. That way you get some relief from the anxiety during the day without getting so sleepy.
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

ps....I looked up the dose for anxiety and it's usually 0.25mg 2-3 x a day. I'd check with your doc.
      *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
      *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
      *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Thanks Sandy.

Comment

Working...
        X