Does it ever get better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it ever get better

It seems like all I know is pain, physical and mental pain. Is there ever going to be a day where there is no pain? Is there ever going to be a day when I am not hurting? Is there ever a day when I am not going to be overwhelmingly tired? Am I ever going to be happy? Please tell me there is hope. I want to enjoy life. I don't just want to live life, I want to enjoy it.
    IC-diagnosed August 1998 with cystoscopy and hydro
    IBS-diagnosed in 1998 probably had for majority of my life
    Fibro-Diagnosed in 2010
    Other conditions: Depression, High Cholesterol (irony)

Primary symptoms: PAIN, bloating, frequency, urgency, fatigue

Current Meds: Elavil 10mg at bedtime, Toviaz 4mg at bedtime, Lyrica 3x a day

Failed meds: Vesicare, Detrol LA, Celexa, Vioxx, Celebrex, Ditropan XL, Elmiron
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Grinch, you will alway have the IC with you but there will be days you are not so overwhelming and days that it will not be so hard on you mentally. Believe me this is not abnormal feeling especially when you are hurting and in pain. Sometimes we can help ourself and sometimes it will just happen, but don't get discourage.

You will see better days, I know it is hard to see it while you are hurting but you will. I hope your doctor also is helping you to get some relief with the pain.

Hugs, Trishann

Comment

you will have good days and bad days. Keep your chin up. Remember the saying I have IC but IC doesn't have me. I know the feelings that your having I go through them to. Sometimes the pain gets over whelming. Find a good friend or family who really cares about how you feel.
      Interstitial Cystitis Stomach problems
      diastolic dysfunction
      vascular insufficency of left leg
      pelvid floor disorder
      hypothroidisim
      asthma
      bread cancer - 5yrsl. remission
      swollowing difficulty
      fatigue
      lots of doctors
      lots of med.

Keep your eyes on the Lord and he will direct your paths.

Comment

For me, I have good days and bad, never knowing which day it will be which. On my bads days, it can be really really hard, but I know eventually it will pass. Just keep hanging on. I have a pain pill that I take called tramadol-I had to get it from my family dr because my uro/gyn would only prescribe prosed and that didn't help. All I did was call my family dr and told them I had IC and couldn't get my pain under control and he prescribed the medicine. You need to find a doctor that will help you with the days you are fighting pain!!

I am praying for you and know you will be better soon.

RobinD
        The happiest people don't neccessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes their way!!

Meds:
        IC: Elmiron, Tofranil, Hydroxyzine, Prosed DS, stool softener
        UC: Asacol

Comment

Boy do I remember feeling that way. I think I asked myself those questions until I grew weary from all the questions.

Yes, hon, there will come a day when things are better. I hope you and your doctor are working together and trying every med/treatment out there so you can get some relief. It is possible. Just take a look on the main page here and notice how many registered members we have. Then compare that number with how many are actually posting. There is a very large difference. The reason for that is, most of the ones who don't post any longer have found what works for them and are back to living their lives even if they do have IC.

Don't ever give up on yourself. You are too valuable to do that. Keep on fighting. Do not let this win. As long as we have breath in our bodies, we have hope.
          Last edited by SharonA; 03-01-2007, 06:12 AM.
          Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
          http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
          http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

There IS hope. You WILL feel better.

There are days when I ask myself the same questions, even still, after being diagnosed for several years... we all ask them. It's so normal. BUT, things do get better, I promise
            Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
            *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
            *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
            *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I remember those same exact feelings. It will get better, this is a great place to go if you have questions and need support. I wish I had found it sooner than I did.

Keep your chin up, keep the faith, and think possitive.

Last edited by hoping4acure; 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM.
              Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
              -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Yes, it will get better. I felt the same way last year and was at the end of my rope. I had went through countless meds and surgeries and none were working for me. I found my "lucky combo" (Elmiron and Elavil-be patient the Elmiron took about 4mos to kick in) finally and just enjoyed a couple month remission (didn't stick to my diet though, and I'm paying for it now-not too bad though). I was able to go on a cruise and go out with friends and some days I could almost forget I had IC!! It will get better. There will be bad days and there will be good days. Just don't lose hope, they're coming up w/ new things all the time.

Comment

As the others have all said, we all have good and bad days. Even after all these years of being dx with this (I have had IC since 1992 -- probably before that) I still have days where I feel sorry for myself.
                  The other day at work, I was having a pity party at a co-workers desk. (don't usually have them at work, but I just broke down, and she let me, bless her heart)

This support site wasn't here when I was first dx, I don't know when it was founded, but I found it in 2003 and it has been a godsend to me since. The people are just wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch
                    It seems like all I know is pain, physical and mental pain. Is there ever going to be a day where there is no pain? Is there ever going to be a day when I am not hurting? Is there ever a day when I am not going to be overwhelmingly tired? Am I ever going to be happy? Please tell me there is hope. I want to enjoy life. I don't just want to live life, I want to enjoy it.
                    I feel the same right now...just functioning on autopilot.

Comment

Working...
                    X