Treated like a headcase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treated like a headcase...

Well I just got off the phone with the uro's office. He is out this week, so I asked very nicely if I could see another doctor instead. I asked if there was anything they could do to help me. This woman whom I won;t name talked with me also has IC, but I think it must be controlled with meds becuase she is always there and ok. Well she asked what helped last time and I said pain medications. She said "ok then, ill ask the doctors what they think and then I will call you back. It will be a while." OMG I am sooooo mad and embarassed by the way I was treated. I have a second opinion on March 29th with a different office with a different doctor. THANK GOD! I hope this guy is cool because he is porbably going to be my new uro. Thanks for listening....THIS SUCKS!

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

I know just how you feel!! GRRR. I am going to see my 3RD urogyn next week. First one started off nice but after awhile offered NO help. 2nd was better but she says she doesn't know much about IC so she doesn't want to treat me (at least she's honest; the 1st one was a quack I think).

My reg. urologist USED to be good but now HE'S pushing me aside as well. I really need help here, and he's screwing around!

I'm going to see my rheumatologist next week (1st time in over 2 years...I had been doing THAT well!) as well b/c my fibro has been acting up and I nee HELP!

I think my mother in law thinks I'm nuts...great, just another reason for her not to like me *sigh*.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I know how you feel...<hug> to you.

Tracy
    (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

When something like that happened to me and my uro was out of town, the nurse did ask another doctor --- and they did order the pain medication I told them helps. I'm sure they needed to check my medical record first, but I did get the meds within hours. It may be okay.

Hugs,
      Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

i was treated like that in 1992 and i had hoped things had improved but evidently not. the most important thing is to stand up for yourself and inform them of the pain involved with IC and the seriousness of IC. sometimes you have to educate the docs as they are not informed about ic.

Comment

Update

The stupid urology office still hasn't called me back. Dont know what to do now. Call them back maybe? Im really upset. This is stupid but, it really hurts my feelings...

Erika

Current Treatments:
          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
          Birth Control

Comment

All I can tell you from experience is that the words quickly and doctor's office do NOT go together in the same sentence, EVER!

I'm sorry you're suffering. If they don't call you back by 4 pm I'd call back and tell the person at the desk you'd be happy to hold til the nurse can talk to you!

Don't give up...and if they say no to the pain meds then you ask them what time they would like you to be there tomorrow because you can't go on til your doctor comes back next week.

There...hows that sound?

I'm so annoyed for you. I know you remember what I went through with my doctor's office. I literally gave up trying to get my labs from them and will just have them redrawn at the rheumatologist appt.

I'm sorry! Let us know how it goes, but don't give up and don't let them win!
            *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
            *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
            *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Update #2

I just spoke with the receptionist from hell again. She told me that since my uro is out the other doctor has been right out straight all day long between covering my uro's patients as well as his own. She said he could call back after 5 which is ok. Im just glad that I wasn't blown off. He simply hasn't gotten to me yet. He is a great uro too. I'll see what he has to say. He is the one who helped me during my retention spell. We thanks for all the concern! Sandy, for you I put on my game face and got what I needed. Lets hope I get that call back...I'll let you guys know..Thanks agian for your support!

Erika

Current Treatments:
              Interstim Since 5/25/07!
              Birth Control

Comment

Well I hope you were able to get something to help with the pain.

Please dont think you are a nut. Before my diagnose I thought this, maybe it was all in my head. And for me I went to about 5 uros before I got my diagnose. Even with my Gyno sending a note to a uro to specifically test me for this. I dont believe doctors fully understand the pain associated with this disease.
                God grant me the serinity to withstand the days ahead!!!

My myspace link...
                www.myspace.com/patricia_luvs_matt

Patricia

In Memory of My Father (Lawerence) 1/25/2007

Procedures:
                Interstim Sept 2001
                1st InterStim Removal May 2005
                2nd Interstim Implanted May 2005
                2nd InterStim Removed March 2007
                Hysterectomy 1999
                Tubes Tied 1997
                C-Section 1996

Me and my kids

Taylor (my daughter) Me and my daughter My son Cody and Taylor

Comment

Saw the uro this morning. I feel better but not from the help of meds. Please see petries post OMG OMG PAIN for my complete response!!! Have a good one!!!

Erika

Current Treatments:
                  Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                  Birth Control

Comment

Working...
                  X